Where can applications for the permits and licenses be obtained?
Certain permit and license applications can be printed from Planning and Zoning section of the City’s Website. These include fence permits, sign permits, plumbing contractor license, rental unit operation license, utility contractor license, electrical contractor’s license, and bed and breakfast operating license. The permit applications can be obtained in our office at 145 Gorman Street 3rd Floor or can be mailed or faxed upon request.

Show All Answers

1. When are permits required in the City of Annapolis?
2. If I plan to do interior or exterior demolition, is a permit required and if so, what plans do I need to submit?
3. Is a permit required for piers, pilings, floating docks, dredging, or boat lifts?
4. Do tree removals require a permit?
5. Does landscaping require a permit?
6. What is a sheeting/shoring permit and when is one required?
7. Where can applications for the permits and licenses be obtained?
8. How long does it take to process a building, plumbing, mechanical or electrical permit?
9. How long does it take to process a grading permit?
10. How is the building permit fee assessed?
11. How will I know when my permit is ready for pick up?
12. When can work be started?
13. Generally, what types of inspections are required and when are they required?
14. Does a building permit have an expiration date?
15. Does my commercial establishment have to be handicap accessible?
16. When is a grease interceptor required?
17. Are there any special requirements for building near the water?
18. When are surety bonds or letters of credits required?
19. What is a Use and Occupancy Permit and when is it required?
20. Is there a fee to submit revised drawings?