Stanton is open Monday through Friday from 8 am to 8 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8 am to 6 pm. (However, there may be pre-scheduled events held during afterhours in which the facility is open.) Please note these upcoming holiday hours:
DAFINA “Young Ladies Destined for Greatness” Age 11-15 (girls)
- Saturday, December 24 (Christmas Eve) – closes at 1 pm
- Sunday, December 25 (Christmas Day) – closed
- Saturday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve) – closes at 1 pm
- Sunday, January 1 (New Year’s Day) – closed
DAFINA is Swahili for valuable or precious. DAFINA enriches young ladies holistically by focusing on their mind, body and spirit. This program helps young women realize their potential by teaching them decision making skills, health education, relationship building, study skills, test taking skills, personal appearance, and etiquette. The importance of education and various other topics that pertain to their development and overall well-being is also covered. DAFINA participants experience workshops, enrichment activities and field trips.
Tuesdays, 5-6:30 pm Friday Night Out Age 5-17
Fun, friends, field trips – these are Friday nights that the kids look forward to! A Friday Night Out trip may be educational, amusement, athletics/sports, cultural and/or social. This program exposes children to various experiences that they may otherwise not experience. Positive social skills, such as interpersonal and communication skills, are emphasized. Permission slips required; some extra fees apply. Program is led by Lassie Belt and Paulette Carroll.
Fridays, 6-8 pm Girl Scouts of Central Maryland Grades K-5
The Girl Scouts of Central Maryland want every interested girl to participate in and benefit from Girl Scouts – activities designed to empower girls! Girls who are similar in age meet at the Stanton Community Center to work on badges, plan activities, develop community service projects and have fun with each other. Enroll your future leader now! For more information, contact Paulette Carroll at email@example.com.
Wednesdays, 5:30-6:30 pm Teen Development Skills – woodworking, cooking and art! Age 13-15
Program is held Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 8 pm. For more information, contact Paulette Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zastro Simms Youth Basketball League (ZSYBL)
- Woodworking The woodworking “shop” class introduces teens to the art of woodcraft! Students learn about the safe use of hand tools and woodworking machinery. Participants expand their knowledge and experience by educational lessons, learning woodworking vocabulary and creating various types of projects.
- Art Painting, drawing, crafting and more! Use your imagination to create unique artwork among friends.
- Cooking Learn how to plan and prepare small, healthy meals. Plus, how to bake sweet treats such as cookies and cupcakes!
– the premier youth league in the Annapolis metro area! Registration is now open through Friday, December 23! League begins the week of January 4.Day Time Age
Wed 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 pm 10-12
Thu 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 pm 13-15
Sat 8:30 am 9 & Under Clinic
Team registration fee $200. To register, email Chris Beck at email@example.com
. You may also call the Stanton Recreation Office at 410-263-7966.
Youth Open Gym
This drop-in program gives elementary and middle school students the opportunity to play recreational basketball, tabletop games and enjoy arts and crafts.
Mon-Thu, 5-6:30 pm Adult Open Gym
This drop-in program provides adults and high school students an opportunity to play recreational basketball in their leisure time. Attendees must sign in.
Mon-Thu, 6:30-8 pm and Sat/Sun, 1-5 pm Computer Lab
City residents can access free of charge. Volunteers are needed in the computer lab. If you are interested, please email Chris Beck at firstname.lastname@example.org
Residents and non-profit organizations interested in renting space at SCC should apply 2 weeks before the event date. For details, contact Leanna Braun at email@example.com
. Please review the rental policies.
Service Providers located at Stanton:
- Adult Basic Skills Class (GED prep) Call 410.777.1823. Offered by Anne Arundel Community College. Held Saturdays 9 am - 1pm. Please call for an assessment. For more information, visit www.aacc.edu or go to https://www.facebook.com/aaccabs. This class is also coming to PMRC in the New Year!
- Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation Call 410.349.5013. AAWDC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that provides innovative, high quality workforce development services to Anne Arundel County businesses and citizens.
- Counseling Services Call 410.626.1800. Individual, group and family counseling daily from 10 am to 6 pm. After 6 pm, by appointment only. Provides services for crisis intervention, tutoring, substance abuse and mental health assessment for youth and adults. Offered through a partnership of Arundel Lodge and the Community Action Agency.
- We Care and Friends Call 410.263.2874. Offering services for homeless and others who need additional assistance, help children who are at risk, and those who have a substance abuse problem. Monday - Friday, 10 am - 2 pm.