Fencing classes start tomorrow
Age 7-18 – all classes start on Thursday, May 19!
Come learn the art of Fencing, a growing program in the area! Learn the basics of fencing including rules, fundamentals, and footwork – which can help improve skill for other sports. Equipment is provided, except for gloves. Gloves are required and may be purchased from instructor Larbi Soufianne during the first class. Held in the PMRC Aux Gym. R $119 / NR $140
Classes are weekly for 8 weeks on Thursdays, and start May 19.
*2nd reschedule* Trash to Treasures Rummage Sale is this Saturday, May 21!
- 5-6 pm, Learn to Fence, age 7-13, #2318
- 6-7 pm, Intermediate Foil, age 7-18, #2320
- 7-8 pm, Advanced Epee, age 7-18, #2319
This community-wide outdoor yard sale is a great way to rid your home of unnecessary clutter! One table and two chairs can be provided OR bring your own table and chairs. Pre-registration is required. The rummage sale is held in the parking lot of the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center.
Saturday, May 21
8 am – noon
$20 – table and chair rental, register with code #2148
$15 – bring your own table and chairs, register with code #2147
For more information, please email Barry Booth at email@example.com
. *rescheduled* Pop Up Tennis Festival – this Sunday, May 22, 3 to 5 pm!
Learn to Play in May – it is National Tennis Month
! We invite you to this FREE youth tennis event in partnership with local organizations.
For ages 4-12, teens, parents and adults. Racquets and balls will be provided, and the first 15 youth and 15 adults to arrive will receive a free racquet!
Event partners include Annapolis Recreation and Parks, Tennis Alliance of Anne Arundel County, One Annapolis, City of Annapolis, Annapolis Area Tennis School and USTA.
Join us *Sunday, May 22 from 3 to 5 pm at the Truxtun Tennis Courts located at 1299 Primrose Road, Annapolis, MD 21403. *The is the rain date.
For more information, please email Louise Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
or Sports Supervisor Andrew Patterson at email@example.com
. Register for the Penguins Swim Team!
First practice is Tuesday, May 31. Cost is City of Annapolis Resident $120 and Non-Resident $140. Please sign up by the deadline (Monday, June 6.) Refer to page 8 in the Spring-Summer 2022 Program Guide
for details. Aquatics
– we are excited to bring back swim lessons this summer – from toddlers to adults held mornings June, July and August! The pool opens Saturday, May 28th! Please refer to the early season hours just listed on the Aquatics page in the table.
Lap swim and aqua aerobics information is on page 7 of the Spring-Summer 2022 Program Guide
. Maryland Safe Boating Course Age 12+ – last class is Saturday, June 4!
A great parent-child opportunity to learn the “rules of the road” on the water together! Prepare for summer 2022 by taking this course that covers legal requirements, navigation rules, preparation and trailers, accidents, weather and water conditions, water sports, sailing and personal watercraft safety. The Maryland Safe Boating Course is an eight-hour course and test that satisfies Maryland law for local people to operate any motorized boat in Maryland waters.
This class is held for one day from 8 am to 5 pm at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center. Participants need to bring food and drinks for the 30-minute lunch break.
Cost is $25 per participant. You must be pre-registered to attend. This course is for age 12+ but those ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Instructor: Gerry Young.
For more information or to register, please contact LaKeisha Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sat Jun 4
#2134Parent & Tot Gymnastics Age 12-36 months with parents; This class will take a summer break during July and August!
Parents accompany and assist their young children through activities focusing on basic motor skills such as crawling, walking, jumping, grip strength and balance. Parent participation is required during every class. For the daily drop-in rate, a waiver is required.
Instructor: Leandra Parkinson, held in the PMRC Aux Gym.
Drop-In: R $10 / NR $12
Tue & Thu, 10:15-11 am Camp Registration –
General Camp Information
and the Camp Forms
will help you get your child registered for fun this summer! Child Care registration
– for more information, please contact LaKeisha Simmons at email@example.com
Scholarship Program for all City Residents (youth and adults)
- current school year – Childcare for the current academic year (ending in June) is held before and after school at Annapolis, Germantown, Hillsmere, Mills-Parole and West Annapolis elementary schools. AM Care is $117 per month and PM Care is $222 per month. All registration must be done in person at PMRC (sorry, online registration is not available for childcare.) There is a $35 non-refundable registration fee.
- 2022-2023 school year – Registration has not opened yet; keep in mind that monthly rates will change for AM and PM care. This is because AACPS is adjusting the start and end times of the school day starting in the fall. Registration information for the 2022-2023 school year will be announced once we know the new/approved rates.
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) maintains a Scholarship Fund for youth and adults who are City of Annapolis residents who do not have the financial means to participate in fee-based ARPD recreational programs, memberships and pool passes as long as applicable and approved. (Scholarship funds cannot be used for facility rentals, before/after school child care and “co-sponsored” programs.) Scholarships are awarded by means of account credit, and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program(s). Details about the ARPD Scholarship Program and how to apply can be found online