Trash to Treasures Rummage Sale
is this Saturday, May 7! Time for spring cleaning and repurposing!
This community-wide outdoor yard sale is a great way to rid your home of unnecessary clutter! One table and two chairs can be provided OR bring your own table and chairs. Pre-registration is required. The rummage sale is held in the parking lot of the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center.
Saturday, May 7 (rain date Saturday, May 14)
8 am – noon
$20 – table and chair rental, register with code #2148
$15 – bring your own table and chairs, register with code #2147
For more information, please email Barry Booth at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Pop Up Tennis Festival
– next Saturday, May 14, 3 to 5 pm!
Learn to Play in May – it is National Tennis Month
! We invite you to this FREE youth tennis event in partnership with local organizations.
For ages 4-12, teens, parents and adults. Racquets and balls will be provided, and the first 15 youth and 15 adults to arrive will receive a free racquet!
Event partners include Annapolis Recreation and Parks, Tennis Alliance of Anne Arundel County, One Annapolis, City of Annapolis, Annapolis Area Tennis School and USTA.
Join us Saturday, May 14 from 3 to 5 pm at the Truxtun Tennis Courts located at 1299 Primrose Road, Annapolis, MD 21403. The rain date is Sunday, May 22.
For more information, please email Louise Thomas at email@example.com
or Sports Supervisor Andrew Patterson at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Maryland Safe Boating Course Age 12+ – last class is Saturday, June 4!
A great parent-child opportunity to learn the “rules of the road” on the water together! Prepare for summer 2022 by taking this course that covers legal requirements, navigation rules, preparation and trailers, accidents, weather and water conditions, water sports, sailing and personal watercraft safety. The Maryland Safe Boating Course is an eight-hour course and test that satisfies Maryland law for local people to operate any motorized boat in Maryland waters.
This class is held for one day from 8 am to 5 pm at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center. Participants need to bring food and drinks for the 30-minute lunch break.
Cost is $25 per participant. You must be pre-registered to attend. This course is for age 12+ but those ages 12-15 must be accompanied by a paying adult. Instructor: Gerry Young.
For more information or to register, please contact LaKeisha Simmons at email@example.com
Sat Jun 4, #2134 Parent & Tot Gymnastics Age 12-36 months with parents
Parents accompany and assist their young children through activities focusing on basic motor skills such as crawling, walking, jumping, grip strength and balance. Parent participation is required during every class. For the daily drop-in rate, a waiver is required.
Instructor: Leandra Parkinson, held in the PMRC Aux Gym.
Drop-In: R $10 / NR $12
Tue & Thu, 10:15-11 am Camp Registration –
General Camp Information
and the Camp Forms
will help you get your child registered for fun this summer! Aquatics
– we are excited to bring back swim lessons this summer – from toddlers to adults! The pool opens Saturday, May 28th!Child Care registration
– for more information, please contact LaKeisha Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org
- current school year – Childcare for the current academic year (ending in June) is held before and after school at Annapolis, Germantown, Hillsmere, Mills-Parole and West Annapolis elementary schools. AM Care is $117 per month and PM Care is $222 per month. All registration must be done in person at PMRC (sorry, online registration is not available for childcare.) There is a $35 non-refundable registration fee.
- 2022-2023 school year – Registration has not opened yet; keep in mind that monthly rates will change for AM and PM care. This is because AACPS is adjusting the start and end times of the school day starting in the fall. Registration information for the 2022-2023 school year will be announced once we know the new/approved rates.
The REACH youth program
continues with performances in 2022! Next up is ANNIE of Annapolis… from Hard Knocks to Happiness
! We’re seeking actors, dancers, singers, stage crew and more! Email Ron-Shaye Clark for details at email@example.com
. More information about REACH can be found on page 4 of the Spring-Summer 2022 Program Guide
. Scholarship Program for all City Residents (youth and adults)
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) maintains a Scholarship Fund for youth and adults who are City of Annapolis residents who do not have the financial means to participate in fee-based ARPD recreational programs, memberships and pool passes as long as applicable and approved. (Scholarship funds cannot be used for facility rentals, before/after school child care and “co-sponsored” programs.) Scholarships are awarded by means of account credit, and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program(s). Details about the ARPD Scholarship Program and how to apply can be found online