Friday, June 12, 2020
Re: Closings, Cancellations and Reopenings in regards to COVID-19
Recreation and Facilities
Although it is not open to the public yet, PMRC is being thoroughly disinfected. This includes exercise equipment, the indoor track, meeting rooms, common areas and restrooms. All persons (staff or deliveries) entering the building stop at the Front Desk to receive a temperature check. Additional hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the facility. The Department remains vigilant in keeping PMRC clean during this pandemic.
- Stanton Community Center
- All spring and summer programs are canceled
- Rentals can be assigned to new dates once the facility re-opens. If scheduling does not permit, refunds will be issued.
- The Dental Clinic remains closed.
- Child Care registration for the fall 2020 start is suspended until further notice.
Parks and Harbormaster
- The following are OPEN and/or PERMITTED:
- Truxtun Park and Tucker Street boat ramps remain open.
- Truxtun Skate Park open as of Thursday, June 11 at 2 pm
- Jogging, walking, biking and hiking in City parks and trails are allowed.
- Outdoor basketball courts and athletics fields are open.
- However, no organized sports or scrimmages may occur on the courts or fields -- just free play, basic skills and training/conditioning may take place.
- Please remember social distancing practices (taken from Maryland DNR):
- Limit groups to 10 people, stay 6 feet apart
- Avoid popular trails, give others plenty of space
- Allow adequate personal spacing at popular areas
- Avoid congregating in parking lots
- The following are CLOSED and/or NOT ALLOWED:
- Picnics or Large Gatherings
- Truxtun Tennis Courts (remain under renovation/construction)
- Restrooms and Water Fountains
We continue to put the community first as we look into modified ways to provide recreational opportunities this summer. Our reopening and reprogramming strategies are in line with the National Recreation and Parks Association and the Maryland Recreation and Parks Association. We thank you for your patience during this time, and please refer to the Annapolis Recreation and Parks COVID-19 page or City of Annapolis COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Director Archie Trader.