Thursday, June 4, 2020
Re: Closings, Cancellations and Reopenings in regards to COVID-19
Recreation and Facilities
- All early summer programs are canceled – youth and adult classes, athletic leagues and field rentals
- The Truxtun Park Pool remains closed as construction continues. We hope to have a notice about aquatics in the upcoming weeks.
- All existing summer camps are canceled. We will have a modified program as COVID-19 reopening guidelines allow.
- Those who registered for existing camps will receive a full refund including deposit.
- Please refer to the Camp Information page for announcements regarding modified camps for summer 2020.
- Unfortunately, the Summer 2020 Program Guide that was recently printed and distributed is now obsolete. We are working on new programming for summer, including camps, and hope to have a new modified publication online in the upcoming weeks.
- Child Care registration for the fall 2020 start is suspended until further notice.
- “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center
- Memberships are extended the amount of time the facility is closed.
- If closed for three months, memberships are extended for three months.
- Rentals – Rentals can be assigned to new dates once PMRC re-opens. If scheduling does not permit, refunds will be issued.
- Stanton Community Center
- All early summer programs are canceled – youth and adult classes and athletic leagues
- Rentals – Rentals can be assigned to new dates once the Stanton Center re-opens. If scheduling does not permit, refunds will be issued.
- The Dental Clinic remains closed.
Parks and Harbormaster
- The following are PERMITTED:
- The Truxtun Park and Tucker Street boat ramps are open.
- Jogging, walking, biking and hiking in City parks and trails are allowed.
- Outdoor basketball courts and athletics fields are open.
- To note: no organized sports or scrimmages may occur on the courts or fields; only free play, basic skills and training/conditioning may take place.
- Please remember personal spacing ("social distancing") practices (taken from Maryland DNR):
- Limit groups to 10 people, stay 6 feet apart
- Avoid popular trails, give others plenty of space
- Allow adequate personal spacing at popular areas
- Avoid congregating in parking lots
- The following are CLOSED and/or NOT ALLOWED:
- Picnics or Large Gatherings
- Truxtun Skate Park
- Truxtun Tennis Courts (remain under renovation/construction)
- Restrooms and Water Fountains
- The Harbormaster’s pump-out boat service remains suspended due to concerns about the spread of the Coronavirus.
- The Truxtun Park and Tucker Street boat ramps are both open.
- Parks, Trails, Facilities and Open Spaces in the City of Annapolis
We continue to put the community first as we look into modified ways to provide recreational opportunities this summer. Our reopening and reprogramming strategies are in line with the National Recreation and Parks Association and the Maryland Recreation and Parks Association. We thank you for your patience during this time, and please refer to the Annapolis Recreation and Parks COVID-19 page or City of Annapolis COVID-19 page for the most up-to-date information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Director Archie Trader.