To Note: The following events are canceled:
- GreenScape on 4/25 (event postponed, will notify of new date when scheduled)
- Fall Prevention Seminar for 4/28 (seminar canceled, will notify if a new date is set)
- Kids Day In on 4/28 (event canceled)
- Trash & Treasures Rummage Sale on 5/2 (event canceled for spring)
- Rumble by The Bay on 5/2 (event postponed, will notify of new date when scheduled)
- Kids to Parks Day on 5/16 is now Parks to Kids Day for 2020 as stated by the National Park Trust (this will be a virtual, not an in-person, event)
Questions regarding memberships, programs and rentals? Please refer to this Memo issued Friday, March 13
discussing extensions and refunds. Registering for Programs
- New Program Registration and payments must be done in person at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center (PMRC). You MUST bring a valid ID and proof of residency if you live within City of Annapolis limits.
- Already Enrolled Participants must register online or in person at PMRC. Payments are not taken over the phone.
- Online Registration is NOW available!
If you have any questions or concerns regarding program registration, please email Melissa Brown at email@example.com
.The Summer 2020 Program Guide will be available in May.
It will include Aquatics information for the brand new Truxtun Park Pool as well as summer camps and other events. If you would like to promote your organization or business in an ad, please contact Dana Strotman at firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday, April 27 for information and submission.Youth and Adult Programs
– Please refer to this Memo issued Friday, March 13
discussing extensions and refunds. *updated* Child Care Information
The following information is also a PDF memo
on the main Child Care page of our website
On Friday, April 17, 2020, State Superintendent Karen Salmon announced that the shutdown for all public schools in Maryland is extended through Friday, May 15, 2020.
Therefore, we want to keep you posted on what this means for our Child Care Program:
- May Payments – All May payments have been canceled, including automatic payments. There are no other fees due for the 2019-2020 school year at this time.
- Refunds – All refunds for March and April have been processed. Please expect your check in the mail within 2-3 weeks.
- Registration for Fall 2020 – We have postponed the Fall 2020 registration start dates. The new dates to register are as follows:
- Monday, June 8 – for returning families
- Monday, June 15 – for new families
If you have any questions regarding Child Care, please contact Katy Owings at email@example.com.
Lifeguard at the new pool – Join us this summer and become a lifeguard at the brand new Truxtun Park Pool scheduled to be completed next month! Check out the position listing through the City jobs available and apply today! Learn about additional pool opportunities and on the City of Annapolis HR page!
Scholarship Program for all City Residents (youth and adults)
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) maintains a Scholarship Fund for youth and adults who are City of Annapolis residents who do not have the financial means to participate in fee-based ARPD recreational programs, memberships and pool passes as long as applicable and approved. (Scholarship funds cannot be used for facility rentals, before/after school child care and “co-sponsored” programs.) Scholarships are awarded by means of account credit, and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program(s). Learn more about the ARPD Scholarship Program by emailing Jennifer Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.