To Note: The following events are canceled:
Questions regarding memberships, programs and rentals? Please refer to this Memo issued Friday, March 13 discussing extensions and refunds. Registering for Programs:
- Maryland Safe Boating Course on 4/20, 4/22, 4/23 (we will share if the class is rescheduled)
- GreenScape on 4/25 (event postponed, will notify of new date when scheduled)
- Fall Prevention Seminar for 4/28 (seminar canceled, will notify if a new date is set)
- Kids Day In on 4/28 (event canceled)
- Trash & Treasures Rummage Sale on 5/2 (event canceled for spring)
- Rumble by The Bay on 5/2 (event postponed, will notify of new date when scheduled)
The Summer 2020 Program Guide will be available in early May. It will include Aquatics information for the brand new Truxtun Park Pool as well as summer camps and other events. If you would like to promote your organization or business in an ad, please contact Dana Strotman at email@example.com by Monday, April 20 for information and submission.Youth and Adult Programs
- New Program Registration and payments must be done in person at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center (PMRC). You MUST bring a valid ID and proof of residency if you live within City of Annapolis limits.
- Already Enrolled Participants must register online or in person at PMRC. Payments are not taken over the phone.
– Please refer to this Memo issued Friday, March 13
discussing extensions and refunds. Child Care Information
The following information is also a PDF memo
on the main Child Care page of our website
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, AACPS Superintendent George Arlotto stated that Anne Arundel County Public Schools will remain closed through Friday, April 24, 2020.
We want to keep you posted on what this means for our Child Care Program.
• March Payments
– All accounts have been updated and credited back for the 12 school days missed in March at the rate of $5.32/day for AM Care and $10.09/day for PM Care.
• April Payments
– At this time, all April payments are canceled. If you are setup with automatic payments, they have been canceled. Accounts not set up for automatic payments will not be charged the monthly fee for April. If school does re-start on Monday, April 27, we will only charge a prorated cost for those last days of the month.
– At this time, all accounts have been credited. Those credits will stay on your account for future use, if desired (they will not expire). If you would like a refund, the only option is to receive a check in the mail. Refund checks take about 4-6 weeks. If you would like a refund, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Past Due Monies
– If your account is past due from previous months, your credit will automatically be put towards those fees (February and prior).
– If you use vouchers or any other subsidized payment, we will be placing the credit on your account. At this time, we have no answer for how some services are being handled. We will revise accounts in the future once receiving more details.
• Registration for Fall 2020
– We have postponed the Fall 2020 registration start dates. The updated new dates
to register are as follows:
• Monday, June 8 – for returning families
• Monday, June 15 – for new families
If you have any questions regarding Child Care, please contact Katy Owings at email@example.com
. Lifeguard at the new pool
Join us this summer and become a lifeguard at the brand new Truxtun Park Pool scheduled to be completed next month! Check out the position listing
through the City jobs available
and apply today! Learn about additional pool opportunities
and on the City of Annapolis HR page! Scholarship Program
for all City Residents (youth and adults)
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) maintains a Scholarship Fund for youth and adults who are City of Annapolis residents who do not have the financial means to participate in fee-based ARPD recreational programs, memberships and pool passes as long as applicable and approved. (Scholarship funds cannot be used for facility rentals, before/after school child care and “co-sponsored” programs.) Scholarships are awarded by means of account credit, and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program(s). Learn more about the ARPD Scholarship Program
by emailing Jennifer Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org