To Note: The following events are canceled:
Spring 2020 Program Guide
- 4th annual Pass, Pick & Play on 3/28 (will notify if a new date is scheduled for this year)
- Easter Egg Hunt at Night for Adults on 4/4 (canceled for 2020)
- Maryland Safe Boating Course on 4/20, 4/22, 4/23 (we will share if the class is rescheduled)
- GreenScape on 4/25 (event postponed, will notify of new date when scheduled)
- Kids Day In on 4/28
. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Melissa Brown at email@example.com
. Sign up for programs!
Registering for Programs:
- New Program Registration and payments must be done in person at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center (PMRC). You MUST bring a valid ID and proof of residency if you live within City of Annapolis limits.
- Already Enrolled Participants must register online or in person at PMRC. Payments are not taken over the phone.
Youth and Adult Programs – All programs that started in March are pushed back for the time that PMRC is closed to the public. For example, if PMRC is closed for four weeks, then four weeks will be added to the end of the program session. We are re-assessing for programs starting this month. Questions regarding memberships, programs and rentals? Please refer to this Memo issued Friday, March 13 discussing extensions and refunds.
Rumble by The Bay – Saturday, May 2
Join up for the first-ever USA Boxing amateur sanctioned event by Annapolis Recreation and Parks! This “May Fight Night” event is held in partnership with the Mack Lewis Boxing Gym of Baltimore. Rumble by The Bay will be held at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center on Saturday, May 2, 2020. Doors will open at 3 pm, the first match is at 4 pm and the event goes until midnight. Admission is $20 for ages 13+, $5 for ages 8-12 and free for age 7 & younger. This is a cash only event and attendees must pay at the door the night of the event (no advance registration.) For more information about Rumble by The Bay, please contact LaKeisha Simmons at firstname.lastname@example.org or Archie Trader at email@example.com. Additionally, learn more about the event at the “May Fight Night” event link on the USA Boxing web site.
Lifeguard at the new pool – Join us this summer and become a lifeguard at the brand new Truxtun Park Pool scheduled to be completed next month! Check out the position listing through the City jobs available and apply today! Learn about additional pool opportunities and on the City of Annapolis HR page!
Child Care Information
The following information is also a PDF memo on the main Child Care page of our website:
On Wednesday, March 25, 2020, AACPS Superintendent George Arlotto stated that Anne Arundel County Public Schools will remain closed through Friday, April 24, 2020. We want to keep you posted on what this means for our Child Care Program.
• March Payments – All accounts have been updated and credited back for the 12 school days missed in March at the rate of $5.32/day for AM Care and $10.09/day for PM Care.
• April Payments – At this time, all April payments are canceled. If you are setup with automatic payments, they have been canceled. Accounts not set up for automatic payments will not be charged the monthly fee for April. If school does re-start on Monday, April 27, we will only charge a prorated cost for those last days of the month.
• Refunds – At this time, all accounts have been credited. Those credits will stay on your account for future use, if desired (they will not expire). If you would like a refund, the only option is to receive a check in the mail. Refund checks take about 4-6 weeks. If you would like a refund, please e-mail your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Past Due Monies – If your account is past due from previous months, your credit will automatically be put towards those fees (February and prior).
• Vouchers – If you use vouchers or any other subsidized payment, we will be placing the credit on your account. At this time, we have no answer for how some services are being handled. We will revise accounts in the future once receiving more details.
• Registration for Fall 2020 – We have postponed the Fall 2020 registration start dates. The new dates to register are as follows:
• Monday, May 4 – for returning families
• Monday, May 11 – for new families
If you have any questions regarding Child Care, please contact Katy Owings at email@example.com.
Scholarship Program for all City Residents (youth and adults)
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) maintains a Scholarship Fund for youth and adults who are City of Annapolis residents who do not have the financial means to participate in fee-based ARPD recreational programs, memberships and pool passes as long as applicable and approved. (Scholarship funds cannot be used for facility rentals, before/after school child care and “co-sponsored” programs.) Scholarships are awarded by means of account credit, and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program(s). Learn more about the ARPD Scholarship Program by emailing Jennifer Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.