To Note: The following events are canceled:Spring 2020 Program Guide
. If you have any questions or concerns, please email Melissa Brown at email@example.com
. Sign up for programs!
Registering for Programs:
Youth and Adult Programs
- New Program Registration and payments must be done in person at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center (PMRC). You MUST bring a valid ID and proof of residency if you live within City of Annapolis limits.
- Already Enrolled Participants must register online or in person at PMRC. Payments are not taken over the phone.
– All programs starting March are pushed back for the time that PMRC is closed to the public. For example, if PMRC is closed for two weeks, then two weeks will be added to the end of the program session. We will re-asses for programs starting in April. Questions regarding memberships, programs and rentals? Please refer to this Memo issued Friday, March 13
discussing extensions and refunds. Maryland Safe Boating Courses
– April course accepting registrants now!
Ahoy Matey! Prepare for summer 2020 by taking this course that covers legal requirements, navigation rules, preparation and trailers, accidents, weather and water conditions, water sports, sailing and personal watercraft safety. The Maryland Safe Boating Course is an eight-hour course and test that satisfies Maryland law for local people to operate any motorized boat in Maryland waters. Led by trained professional, Gerry Young, this course is for ages 12+. Children 15 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult. Held at the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center. The cost is $25 per person #1696. Register by calling 410.263.7958.
- March course canceled
- April course (must attend all three dates):
- Monday, April 20, 6 to 9 pm
- Wednesday, April 22, 6 to 9 pm
- Thursday, April 23, 6 to 8 pm
Kids Day In – last one for this spring is Tuesday, April 28
Kids, ages 4-12, will spend their day off from school playing board games, participating in a variety of sports, enjoying the Ballocity™ indoor playground, creating crafts and more! Led by experienced instructors and all activities are supervised. Bring a bag lunch and drink. Must be pre-registered. Held in the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center Aux Gym from 8 am to 5:30 pm each day.
City of Annapolis Resident $50 / Non-Resident $60
Register with #1709 for Tuesday, April 28
Scholarship Program for all City Residents (youth and adults)
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) maintains a Scholarship Fund for youth and adults who are City of Annapolis residents who do not have the financial means to participate in fee-based ARPD recreational programs, memberships and pool passes as long as applicable and approved. (Scholarship funds cannot be used for facility rentals, before/after school child care and “co-sponsored” programs.) Scholarships are awarded by means of account credit, and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program(s). Learn more about the ARPD Scholarship Program by emailing Jennifer Jennings at firstname.lastname@example.org.