Alderwoman Rhonda Pindell Charles
CITY OF ANNAPOLIS
160 Duke of Gloucester Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Mitchelle Stephenson, 410-972-7724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Annapolis’ Street Corner Ministries Coalition
Initiates City-wide Event “ONE Caring ANNAPOLIS”
Annapolis, MD (June 12, 2019) – Alderwoman Rhonda Pindell Charles has announced a city-wide event, “ONE Caring ANNAPOLIS”, that will take place every Friday, starting on Friday, June 14 from 6 to 6:30 p.m. where pastors from a number of parishes and other organizations in the Annapolis area will directly engage with residents in public and subsidized housing communities in the City of Annapolis as well as with many other residents throughout the City.
Alderwoman Pindell Charles said that she was approached by Mr. Raynaldo “Deuce” Brown, who suggested a gathering to bring spiritual and self-awareness to all City residents at a designated time.
“This past Friday night, Annapolis experienced a tragedy. Again. A promising young life was destroyed,” said Pindell Charles, who chairs the City Council’s Public Safety Standing Committee. “Unfortunately, violence is occurring all around us and continues to plague our communities. When Mr. Brown contacted me about bringing respected faith leaders and other groups into our communities, at a single and designated point in time, I agreed that it was the right thing to do.”
All City residents and businesses, as well as those persons who work and volunteer in Annapolis, are asked to take some time out to seriously reflect upon the health, welfare, and safety of our City every Friday between the hours of 6-6:30 p.m., wherever they may be.
Pindell Charles added, “this is an opportunity for every City resident, business, worker, and volunteer to be on one accord during this specific time frame. There is strength and power in unified thoughts and reflections.”
These events will take place outdoors, weather permitting, and indoors within the communities if necessary. The following churches are members of the “Street Corner Ministries Coalition”:
- Admiral Oaks and Annapolis Gardens - Second Baptist Church, Pastor James Sherrod
- Bay Ridge Gardens - John Wesley United Methodist Church, Pastor Samuel "Jerry" Colbert
- Bloomsbury Square, Bowman Place, College Creek Terrace, O'Bery Court, and The Homes at Monument - St. Anne's Episcopal Church, Minister Jessica Sexton and Laywoman Deede Rivers (via Stanton Community Center)
- Bywater Mutual Homes - First Christian Community Church of Annapolis, Pastor Karen Johnson
- Eastport Terrace and Harbour House - Fresh Start Church, Bishop Craig Coates
- Morris H. Blum Senior Highrise - St. Philip's Episcopal Church, Rector Father Randy Callender
- Newtowne 20 and Woodside Gardens - Downtown Hope, Pastor Joey Tomassoni; Annapolis Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Laywoman Laurie Nelson; Beacon Light Seventh Day Adventist Church, Elder Clifford Fields (Pastor Claude Harris, deceased, 2019); and Calvary Community Church of Riva, Pastor Melanie Dixon and Associate Pastor Dale Maynard
- Robinwood - Light of the World Family Ministries - Pastor Sheryl Menendez
For more information and to find out how you can assist, please contact Alderwoman Pindell Charles who can be reached at email@example.com
# # #