Mayor Gavin Buckley
Public Information Office
160 Duke of Gloucester Street
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Media contact: Mitchelle Stephenson, 410-972-7724 or firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Annapolis Street Closure Notice for Saturday’s Wayfarer’s Half Marathon and 10K Foot Race
Annapolis, MD (May 29, 2019) A number of streets in Annapolis and Anne Arundel County will be closed during the morning of Saturday, June 1, 2019 for the Wayfarer’s foot race, a half marathon and 10K event. Both races begin and end at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.
Beginning at 7 a.m., there will be a rolling closing and opening of streets in the City with police directing traffic as first and last runners enter and exit the streets. The event is expected to conclude at 10:30 a.m.
Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around the stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/Rowe Boulevard) to direct traffic.
Below is a list of times when roads will be closed or restricted around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, the Historic District, the Naval Academy Bridge, and Ritchie Highway.
Stadium Area (7 to 7:30 a.m.)
- Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. and Rowe Blvd. Closed to traffic.
- Taylor Ave. and Cedar Park Rd. Closed to traffic.
- Cedar Park Rd. and Farragut Rd. Closed to traffic.
- Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. and Farragut Rd. Closed to traffic.
- Farragut Rd. and Rowe Blvd. No cars allowed on Farragut.
West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (7:30 to 10:30 a.m.)
- Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. Closed to traffic (detour around
- the stadium at Farragut Rd. to re-enter Rowe via Herbert Sachs Blvd.).
- Taylor Ave. SOUTH of Rowe Blvd. Open to traffic (detour around the Stadium at Farragut Rd. to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.).
- Taylor Ave. NORTH of Rowe Blvd. Closed to traffic.
- Rt. 450/Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd. Closed to traffic.
- King George St. between College Creek Bridge and Baltimore Blvd. Closed to traffic.
Historic Area (7:30 to 8:25 a.m.)
- Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. and Northwest St. Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:10 and 7:35 (on a rolling basis).
- Rowe Blvd and Taylor Ave. Inbound lanes closed to traffic.
- Northwest St. Closed to traffic on a rolling basis.
- Church Circle: North portion of Circle between Northwest St. and Main St. Closed to traffic on a rolling basis with the southern portion of Circle remaining open to traffic.
- Church Circle at College Ave. Closed to traffic when runners are passing.
- Main St. Closed to traffic.
- Main St. & Randall St. Closed to traffic.
- Randall St. & King George St. Closed to traffic.
- King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd. Closed to traffic.
- College Ave. at King George St. Closed to traffic entering King George St
Note: Participants will exit the downtown area by 8:05 a.m. with rolling clean up following last participant.
Naval Academy Bridge (7:20 to 10:30 a.m)– Detour Rt. 50
- Route 450 Naval Academy Bridge. All lanes closed to traffic.
- Baltimore Blvd. at Bowyer Rd. Closed to traffic.
- Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. Closed to traffic.
- Baltimore Blvd. at Longshaw Rd. Closed to traffic.
- King George St. from College to Baltimore Blvd. Closed to traffic.
Ritchie Highway (7:25 to 10:30 a.m.)
- Ritchie Highway between the Naval Academy Bridge and Severn Ridge Rd. Southbound lanes 7:25-10:30 a.m. Southbound traffic detours to Severn Ridge Way to Route 648 south.
- Ritchie Highway between Severn Ridge Rd. and Boulters Way. Shoulder and left lane closed to traffic with right lane open to traffic until detour at Severn Ridge.
For maps and more information, please visit runwayfarers.com.
# # #