Road closures and detours for 43rd Annual Annapolis 10 Mile Race on Sunday, August 19
Annapolis, MD (8-14-2018) Annapolis Mayor Gavin Buckley reminds residents that more than 3,500 people will participate in the 43rd Annual Annapolis Ten Mile Run on Sunday, August 19, 2018, organized by the non-profit Annapolis Striders, Inc. The race begins at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at 7 a.m. and ends at the Stadium at 9:30 a.m.
Several roads will be closed on a rolling basis starting at 6:45 a.m. and ending at 9:30 a.m. The Annapolis Police Department, the United States Naval Academy and Naval Support Activity Annapolis, the Anne Arundel County Police, the Maryland Highway Administration, and the Maryland State Police will assist with route and street closures. Extensive consideration was given to minimizing the inconvenience to residents and businesses.
Parking on area roads will not be affected along the route. Sidewalk closures are not planned.
There will be a traffic detour to downtown via Rowe Boulevard, around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/Rowe Boulevard) to direct people.
Access Downtown Annapolis
• via Rt. 50 Parole, left on West St. Expect delays at Church Circle until 7:45 a.m.
• via Rt. 50 Rowe Blvd after 7: 45 a.m.
Naval Academy Bridge will have metered traffic to USNA Gate 8 ONLY and will be closed to all other traffic from 7:15 a.m.- 9:30 a.m.
Compromise St. access to Downtown opens at 7:45 a.m. Travel to and from Eastport 7:15 a.m.- 7:45 a.m. via Bay Ridge and Chesapeake.
ROAD CLOSURES BY AREA
Stadium Area / Rowe Blvd (6:45 – 7:30 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. & Rowe Blvd.
• Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Rowe Blvd. – Southbound lane from Farragut to Taylor – Closed to traffic
West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (7:30 – 9:30 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave from Rowe Blvd to Baltimore Blvd
• Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. – Closed to traffic
• Taylor Ave. south of Rowe Blvd. – Detour around the Stadium using Farragut Rd. and Cedar Park to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.
Historic Area (7:15 – 7:50 a.m.)
• Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & Northwest St. – Inbound (SE bound)
• Northwest St. – Closed to traffic
• Church Circle – North portion of Circle between Northwest St. & Main St. closed to traffic while southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
• Church Circle at College Ave. – Closed to traffic when runners are passing
• Main St. – Closed to traffic
• Main St. & Randall St. Closed to traffic
• Randall St. & King George St. – Closed to traffic
• King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
• College Ave. at King George St. – Closed to traffic entering King George St.
Naval Academy Bridge Area (7:30 – 9:20 a.m.)
• Route 450 from King George St. to 648 – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd at Perry Circle – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. – Closed to traffic
Pendennis Mount/Ferry Farms (7:30 – 8:45 a.m.)
• Northbound lane of Route 648 open on a rolling basis – one direction at a time
• Route 648 from Route 450 to Ferry Farms –Southbound lane closed to traffic
Additional information may be located at www.annapolisstriders.org