Annapolis, MD (5-30-17) A number of streets in Annapolis and Anne Arundel County will be closed during the morning of Saturday, June 3rd for the ZOOMA half marathon, 10K and 5K.
The events begin at 7 a.m. and all streets in downtown Annapolis will be open by 7:50 a.m. A rolling closing and opening of streets in the city will begin at 7 a.m. with police directing traffic as first and last runners enter and exit the streets.
Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/Rowe Boulevard) to direct people.
Below is a list of times when roads will be closed or restricted around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, the Historic District, the Naval Academy Bridge, and Ritchie Highway.
Stadium Area (7-7:30 a.m.)
· Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. & Rowe Blvd.- Closed to traffic
· Taylor Ave. & Cedar Park Rd. - Closed to traffic
· Cedar Park Rd. & Farragut Rd. - Closed to traffic
· Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd.- Closed to traffic
· Farragut Rd. & Rowe Blvd.- No cars allowed on Farragut
West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (7:30-10:30 a.m.)
· Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. - Closed to traffic (detour around
the Stadium at Farragut Rd. to re-enter Rowe via Herbert Sachs Blvd.)
· Taylor Ave. SOUTH of Rowe Blvd. – Open to traffic (detour around the
Stadium at Farragut Rd. to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.)
· Taylor Ave. NORTH of Rowe Blvd. – Closed to traffic
· Rt. 450/Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd. – Closed to traffic
· King George St. between College Creek Bridge and Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to
Historic Area (7:10-7:50 a.m.)
· Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & Northwest St. - Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to
traffic between 7:10 and 7:35 on a rolling basis
· Rowe Blvd & Taylor Ave.- Inbound lanes closed to traffic
· Northwest St.- Closed to traffic on a rolling basis
· Church Circle-North portion of Circle between Northwest St.& Main St.- closed to traffic on a rolling basis with the southern portion of Circle remaining open to traffic
· Church Circle at College Ave.- Closed to traffic when runners are passing
· Main St.- Closed to traffic
· Main St. & Randall St. -Closed to traffic
· Randall St. & King George St. - Closed to traffic
· King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd.- Closed to traffic
· College Ave. at King George St. – Closed to traffic entering King George St.
Naval Academy Bridge (7:20-10:30 a.m.) – Detour Rt. 50
· Route 450 Naval Academy Bridge – All lanes closed to traffic.
· Baltimore Blvd. at Bowyer Rd. – Closed to traffic
· Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. – Closed to traffic
· Baltimore Blvd. at Longshaw Rd. – Closed to traffic
· King George St. from College to Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
Ritchie Highway (7:25-10:20 a.m.)
· Ritchie Highway between the Naval Academy Bridge & Severn Ridge Rd. Southbound lanes 7:25-10:20 a.m. - Southbound traffic detours to Severn Ridge Way to Route 648 south
· Ritchie Highway between Severn Ridge Rd. & Boulters Way - Shoulder and left lane closed to traffic with right lane open to traffic until detour at Severn Ridge
Go to http://zoomarun.com/annapolis for more race information.