Through the BGE Energizing Small Business Grants Program, eligible businesses located in BGE's service area will have the opportunity this year to apply for grants of $20,000:
Applicants must be an existing BGE electric and/or gas customer with positive BGE credit history. Other eligibility criteria include:
- Be a business founded in 2020 or prior
- In good standing (or on the way to) with the State of Maryland
- A maximum of twenty-five (25) employees
- Annual gross revenues in 2021 of less than $7 million USD
- Demonstrated need for funding to support business and serve customers
Since the launch of the BGE Energizing Small Business Grants program in 2021, BGE, Hello Alice, and the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) engaged over 400 partner organizations and 10,000 small businesses, dispersed over $7.98M in funds to 397 diverse small business owners across a variety of industries in the state of Maryland and provided continued support to non-recipients through access to unlimited tools, resources and step-by-step guides within the Hello Alice platform. ts Program.