Commercial Refuse Collection
Business' Responsibility of Refuse
Each Business in the City of Annapolis is required to handle and maintain the refuse generated by their business in an effective and responsible manner. This means that from the time the refuse is generated to the time it is removed from your site, it is your responsibility.
Sometimes refuse, whether in cans or dumpsters, is placed on surfaces, i.e. sidewalks, parking lots, etc., that are in close proximity to storm drains. Leaking refuse containers can stagnate, causing odor problems. Litter, though unsightly, can also enter a storm inlet which could impair the removal of rain water.
All the storm drains within the City of Annapolis, discharge to the Chesapeake Bay through the surrounding rivers and streams. Handling refuse in an effective and responsible manner will prevent pollutants from entering the Bay.
|Advantage Waste Removal
|Affordable Refuse & Recycling Inc.
|Bay Area Disposal LLC
|Consolidated Waste Industries of MD
|Delta Trash Removal Inc.
|Ecology Services Refuse and Recycling LLC
|F&L Construction Inc.
|IESI Maryland - Progressive Waste Solutions
|Patuxent Roll-Off LLC
- Refuse containers must:
- Be durable
- Be rust-resisting
- Be washable and nonabsorbent
- Be watertight
- Have close-fitting covers
- Refuse is to be placed on the sidewalk no sooner than 12 hours preceding the scheduled collection time.
- Refuse must be collected after 6 a.m.
- Refuse containers must be removed from sidewalk or public area immediately after collection and must be removed from view from a public way in the Historic District.
- If refuse containers need to be washed, this activity must be completed inside the establishment.
- Area where refuse is placed for collection must be maintained.
- Any refuse not collected by hauler must be removed from the public area or sidewalk.
- Sidewalk or public area must be swept up after collection.
- Don't use bleach, bleach products, or degreasers on sidewalks or public areas.
- Only environmentally friendly products may be used.