Historic Preservation Division
The Historic Preservation Division has primary responsibility for all departmental activities within and pertaining to Annapolis' Historic District. This includes:
- Processing applications for the Historic Preservation Commission and ensuring that projects are developed in accordance with approvals
- Working with applicants in the historic district to help them understand the process and submit complete applications
- Interdepartmental coordination of project review in the historic district
- Answering questions and dealing with enforcement related matters in the historic district
- Acting as the liaison with the State of Maryland
- Preparing the Certified Local Government report
- Overseeing the building survey
- Coordinating archeology requirements for development
- Involved in development issues concerning preservation and landmarks in the city as a whole
- What is the role of the Historic Preservation Commission members and staff?
- What is an historic district?
- How can I find out if my property is in an historic district?
- What does having a property in an historic district mean for me as a property owner?
- How do I find reliable contractors to work on my historic property?
- How can I date my house and its architectural features?
- What is the National Register of Historic Places and how can I get my property listed on it?
- Where can I find appropriate hardware and fixtures for my historic house?
- Historic Preservation Commission Administrative Approval Application for Certificate of Approval (PD
- Historic Preservation Commission Administrative Approval Checklist (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Administrative Approval Guidelines (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Certificate of Approval Revision Submittal Form (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Public Hearing Application and Guidelines (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Tax Credit Application (PDF)
- Economic Hardship - Evidentiary Criteria (PDF)
- Historic District Boundary Map (PDF)
- Historic District Design Manual (PDF)
- Historic District Streets (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission By-Laws (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Sign Guidelines (PDF)
- List of Architects and Contractors (PDF)
- National Trust Names Historic City of Annapolis a National Treasure (PDF)
- Rules of Procedure Adopted February 2014 (PDF)
- Sidewalk Cafe Furniture Guidelines (PDF)
- 2017 Historic Preservation Commission Application Deadline And Meeting Dates (PDF)