- A group of individuals, juvenile and or adult, who associate on a continuous basis, form an allegiance for a common purpose, and are involved in delinquent or criminal activity.
- A group of people who, through the organization, formation, and establishment of an assemblage, share a common identity.
- An estimated 24,500 gangs exist in the US.
- In 2007 - 772,500 active U.S. gang members.
- In 2009 - 1 million gang members in the U.S. Mostly males ages 13 to 17.
- Cities with emerging gang problems report more females and more mixed/ethnic groups than those with long term gang problems.
Discourage your children from hanging around with gang members.
Gang membership extracts a terrible toll from the lives of all who are in contact with the member.
See different ways that gang culture has been influenced in popular media, able to reach children.
Gangs thrive on intimidation and notoriety.
Find indicators of possible gang activity in general and in your child.
Innocent residents can be subjected to gang violence or theft by the mere presence of graffiti in their neighborhood.
Discover the reasons why kids join gangs.