- Boards & Commissions Info
- Boards & Commissions Listing
- Ethics Commission
See the composition and the membership of the Ethics Commission.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Agenda In Your Inbox
Subscribe to the Agenda Center Notifications Visit this page, enter your email address, scroll down to the Agenda Center, select Boards/Commissions of your interest. Once subscribed, you will receive notifications right after new agendas are posted.
Tue Mar. 28
|James E. Dolezal, Chair||6/11/2007||9/14/2020||6/30/2025|
|Kevin A. Chase, Vice Chair||4/27/2015||2/25/2019||6/30/2024|
To enforce financial disclosure requirements, to conduct information programs and disseminate ethical requirements, to investigate conflict of interest violations, to issue advisory opinions and to maintain certain reports and statements.
The City Ethics Commission is composed of 5 City resident members who are nominated by the Mayor and confirmed by a majority vote of the City Council within 30 days of a nomination. Each member of the Commission shall serve for a term of 1 to 5 years from the date of confirmation so member terms are overlapping. No member of the commission shall be an elected or appointed official of the City, or any individual who is otherwise subject to the provisions of this section of the code.
Upon occurrence of a vacancy on the Commission for any reason, the Mayor shall nominate an individual to fill that position for a term of up to five years. A Commission member may serve until re-appointed or a successor is appointed. Nothing herein shall preclude the nomination and confirmation of a member to serve successive terms.
- 11.18.21 Advisory Opinion - Arason (PDF)
- 10/12/21 Advisory Opinion - Corse & Schwarz-SAYC (PDF)
- Final Determination Regarding the April 15, 2021 Planning Commission Meeting
- July 27, 2020 Advisory Opinion and Recusal Release
- 4/23/20 Summary of Dismissal of Complaint
- 02/12/20 Advisory Opinion Regarding the Actions of Peter Fillat
- 11/6/19 Re-affirmation of 1/18/18 Tierney Opinion (PDF)
- 09/17/19 Advisory Opinion- Alderman Gay (PDF)
- 07/30/19 Advisory opinion - Alderman Gay (PDF)
- 2/20/19 Advisory Opinion regarding solicitation of contributions for City Programs (PDF)
- 01/18/18 Advisory Opinion-Tierney (PDF)
- 10/12/17 Advisory Opinion on Marine Construction Applications (PDF)
- 4/17/17 Advisory Opinion-Harbormaster-Mauk (PDF)
- 6/28/16 Determination - Lawrence Littig (PDF)
- 2/26/16 Determination- Jon Arason Complaint (PDF)
- 12/17/15 Summary of Advisory Opinion (PDF)
- 11/17/15 Summary of Advisory Opinion (PDF)
- Ethics Summary of Advisory Opinions 2014 (PDF)
- Ethics Commission 2011 Annual Report (PDF)
- 2019 Financial Institutions and Businesses Doing Business with Annapolis List (PDF)
- Ethics Complaint Procedure (PDF)
- Ethics procedures May 17, 2016 (PDF)
City of Annapolis Financial Institutions – 2022
- Bancorp Bank
- Bank of America
- Bank of New York
- Bank of New York Mellon
- First National Bank
- PNC Bank
- US Bank
- Wells Fargo
- Wilmington Trust