Ride-along Thursdays allows City of Annapolis residents to accompany patrol officers during a portion of their shift. This program is designed to give residents a better understanding of police operations and help them become familiar with our officers and their department. Residents can ride-along with a patrol officer for two to four hours during the day or at night every Thursday. Arrangements to ride-along must be made in advance and ride-alongs are limited to a maximum of two people each Thursday.
To ride-along you must complete and sign a ride-along agreement and release form (PDF). Please contact Lieutenant Brian Della via email or at 410-268-9000, ext. 7250 to make arrangements to ride-along.
Ride-Along Thursday Facts
- Offered every Thursday
- Open to City of Annapolis residents, over the age of 18, only
- Must make prior arrangements with Captain Howard
- Limited to two people
- Can ride for two to four hours
- Must complete and sign agreement and release form (Form below)
- Valid identification must be presented before ride-along
- Approval process includes a criminal history and wanted check
- Must not have participated in the program in the last 6 months
- Must follow our rules, guidelines, and officer's directions
Fill out the Ride Along Release form (PDF) and fax the completed form to Captain Howard at 410-268-9472. Completing the form does not guarantee that your ride-along request will be approved.
Other Police Ride-Alongs
From time to time people request to ride-along with police officers. Reasons for ride-alongs include interest in a career in law enforcement and for college class requirements. If you would like to request a ride-along not under the Ride-Along Thursday program, please contact Lieutenant Brian Della via email
or at 410-268-9000, ext. 7250.