Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
Proposed Change to the Rules and Regulation of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board
Pursuant to section 2.04.090 of the Charter and Code of the City of Annapolis (Adoption and posting on City's website. - B. 2. "The proposed regulation has been posted on the City's website for at least two weeks for public comment.") we are posting the proposed change to the Rules and Regulation of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Board for your comments. Please submit your comments to Cynthia Gaines at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pursuant to section 2.04.090 of the Charter and Code of the City of Annapolis (Adoption and posting on City's website. - C. "By July 1, 2006, all regulations adopted prior to this date, must be posted on the City's website. Moreover, all regulations adopted on or after July 1, 2006, must be posted on the City's website within four weeks following the adoption."
The proposed amendment to the City of Annapolis Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Rules and Regulations (as of 1/27/22)
(Uppercase is proposed Language)
A. The Board shall hold a public hearing at which any person may comment upon granting, expanding, upgrading, transferring, renewing or protesting a License. The Board shall be the sole judge of the propriety of granting, expanding, upgrading, transferring, renewing or protesting a License. HEARINGS SHALL BE HELD ON THE DATE OF REGULAR MEETINGS OF THE BOARD. IN THE EVENT OF THE ABSENCE, RESIGNATION OR NON-ATTENDANCE BY THE DULY APPOINTED CHAIRPERSON TO PRESIDE OVER ANY SUCH MEETINGS AND HEARINGS THE VICE-CHAIR SHALL PRESIDE IN THEIR PLACE. THE ORDER OF SUCCESSION UPON ABSENCE OF THE VICE-CHAIR SHALL BE, ON A ROTATING BASIS, THE NEXT MOST SENIOR MEMBER OF THE BOARD. SAID ROTATIONS OF PRESIDING OFFICERS SHALL CONTINUE UNTIL SUCH TIME AS EITHER THE CHAIR OR VICE-CHAIR IS ABLE TO ATTEND THE MEETING OR, IF THE OFFICE HAS BEEN VACATED,UNTIL A NEW CHAIR OR VICE-CHAIR IS APPOINTED BY THE MAYOR AND CONFIRMED BY THE CITY COUNCIL.
Md. Ann. Code Art. AB, § 10-1104
Statutes current with legislation effective through April 12, 2022, from the 2022 Regular Session of the General Assembly.
Michie’s™ Annotated Code of Maryland > Alcoholic Beverages (Divs. I — II) > Division II. Provisions Affecting Individual Jurisdictions. (Titles 9 — 33) > Title 10. City of Annapolis. (Subts. 1 — 28) > Subtitle 11. Additional License Privileges. (§§ 10-1101 — 10-1104)
§ 10-1104. Club public event permit — Sales authorized.
- (a) There is a club public event permit.
- (b) The Board may issue the permit to a holder of a Class C license.
- (c) Subject to subsection (d) of this section, the permit authorizes a club to sell alcoholic beverages that are allowed under the club’s Class C license:
- (1) during a public event sponsored by the club at the place described in the license;
- (2) to an individual who is not a member of the club or a guest of a member; and
- (3) for on-premises consumption.
- (1) A permit holder shall:
- (i) submit an application for approval to the Board at least 45 days before a public event; and
- (ii) obtain the approval of the Board before each public event.
- (2) The Board, in its discretion, may approve up to 12 public events per permit holder in a calendar year.
- (1) A permit holder shall: