Court 2 is reserved for Open Gym use daily. However, there are instances when days and times are adjusted for open gym (i.e. events, sports rentals, etc.) so we recommend you calling 410-263-7958 to verify court availability. The Sports Supervisor is the only one that can reserve court space. Please contact Sports Supervisor Andrew Patterson at email@example.com or 443-336-5796 if you are interested in renting court space.
Full membership or a guest pass is required. Court sports take precedence (basketball and *volleyball) for drop-in play in the gym on at least one court at most times. Open gym is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please note that open gym times may be interrupted occasionally due to special events. To ensure the safe and efficient use of the gymnasium, these rules must be adhered to at all times. Individuals or teams observed to be in violation of posted rules are subject to having membership/pass revoked.
Gym Equipment - When we are able to lend out basketballs and *volleyballs, they are available to borrow at the Front Desk. A form of collateral (cell phone or state-issued ID) must be provided to staff in order to receive a ball. Should the ball not be returned, a $25 fee is charged for the user to receive their form of collateral back. Equipment not returned will be charged to the member’s account. However, a membership is required to borrow equipment. You must be 14 years or older to check out equipment.
*Unfortunately, volleyball is not offered at this time as Open Gym opportunity. Please refer to the current Program Guide for organized volleyball programs.
- No gum, food, or drinks permitted in the gym except water in a closed container.
- Appropriate attire is required: shirts, non-marking rubber-soled shoes, and shorts/warm-up suits. No “skins”.
- Changing clothes in the gymnasium is strictly prohibited.
- No shoes with wheels or skates permitted in the gym.
- Gym bags, coats, clothing, and other articles must be kept in the locker room at all times.
- Hanging, climbing, pulling on net or rims is strictly prohibited.
- No foul language.
- No spitting.
- Children 12 years and under must be supervised at all times.
- Open gym is shared and all participants are expected to utilize the space in an appropriate manner.
- ARPD is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- ARPD staff reserves the right to resolve all conflicts during play on the gym floor.
- All equipment is to be used in the proper way; no kicking or sitting on volleyballs or basketballs.
- Equipment is to be returned to the proper place following use.
- Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. ARPD reserves the right to eject anyone for not following the rules.
Upcoming PMRC Gym Closures
|Sat Jul 15||10 am to 2 pm||Courts/Aux Gym (specifics TBA)||Community Fun Day||ARPD to host various events in recognition of National Park and Recreation Month|