The City of Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department is happy to announce the plan for returning to AM/PM Child Care at select sites for the 2021-2022 school year. At this time (April 2021), we are still anticipating more detailed information regarding locations and space availability. That will be finalized this summer. Once information is available, registration will open.
Please note that locations and space may be limited, and the most current COVID-19 protocol will be implemented at each site. This would include: temperature checks, mask wearing, physical distancing, increased hand sanitizing and washing.
If you have any questions, please contact Katy Owings at 410-263-7958 or email@example.com.
Virtual Learning Child Care Program
Because of the necessity of this service, Annapolis Recreation and Parks offers this program at no cost!
- Open to all Anne Arundel County Public School students in grades K-5
- There is NO cost for this program (those that have paid will be reimbursed)
- First come, first serve – this program is limited to 36 participants
Details regarding the program:
Any child currently enrolled in AACPS elementary schools in grades K-5 is eligible to register.
- The program runs 7 am to 6 pm Monday through Friday at PMRC in the meeting rooms, the Auxiliary Gym and outside (Truxtun Park) for recreational activities.
- The program runs on the AACPS yearly schedule. We will have all day programs on most out of school days and 2-hour early dismissal days, for no extra charge to families already enrolled.
- There are three rooms with a maximum of 12 children in each space (the total number of students we can provide for is 36.) We are following all of the MD State Department of Health and CDC "best practices" for COVID-19.
- We will break down each room into specific grades as needed. We know that grades K-2 and grades 3-5 have different start and end times so we are managing this accordingly.
Each child is required to bring their OWN Chromebook (or device) AND headphones daily. We provide all masks, PPE (personal protective equipment) and supplies needed for your child/ren. More details about this are sent after you have successfully registered.
When it is learning time, our qualified staff ensures each child is signed-on and actively learning and participating in class. On all breaks and off times, we provide recreational activities for the children similar to our normal in-school before and after care programming.
We provide a morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack. Additionally, there are vending machines at PMRC with healthy snack and drink options.
- ALL forms must be completed as PMRC is considered a brand new site. (None of the paperwork filled out for prior school years can be accepted.)
- Registration is on a first-come-first serve basis. You need to register IN PERSON at PMRC, and have all needed paperwork (discussed below) prior to a complete registration. PMRC is currently open daily from 8 am to 8 pm.
- Registration is MONTH-TO-MONTH ONLY. We do not offer part-time or drop-ins. It is month-to-month just like our traditional before and after care program held in the elementary schools.
- There is no cost for this program as Annapolis Recreation and Parks sees the needed benefit to provide a virtual learning site for the community.
Please refer to the Forms page.