Use Transit on Google Maps or scroll down to the Regional Travel services to get to Annapolis from anywhere. Google Maps integrates transit stop, route, schedule, and fare information to make trip planning quick and easy for everyone. The Transit on Google Maps feature is available on selected mobile devices through Google Maps for mobile.
Greyhound Bus Service
Please note: Greyhound buses no longer stop at City of Annapolis Department of Transportation at 308 Chinquapin Round Road.
The new Greyhound bus stop is at Harry S. Truman Park and Ride, off Harry S. Truman Parkway, near MVA in Annapolis. For sales and information, please call Greyhound at 800-231-2222. For other concerns, please call Greyhound customer service at 214-849-8966.
Maryland Transit Administration (MTA)
- Take the Light Rail* to the Patapsco Station
- Take the Number 14 Bus to Annapolis
Other Commuter Options
- Dillon's Bus Service, Inc.
- Young Transportation Services
- Washington Metrorail System (WMATA) - Primary access to/from Annapolis is New Carrollton Metro Station (the Orange Line).
- Amtrak (rail passenger service) can be accessed at the New Carrollton Metro Station, at Penn Station in Baltimore, or in downtown Washington at Union Station.
Ridesharing is your ticket to easier and cheaper transportation. Please contact the following:
- Baltimore/Washington International (BWI)
- Dulles International in Virginia
- Reagan National in Washington
- Bay Bridge Airport, Kent Island, MD
- Freeway Airport, Bowie MD
- Lee Airport, Edgewater, MD
- Tipton Airport, Odenton, MD
Water Taxi & Boating Information
Come by boat and enjoy Annapolis on foot or by bus or trolley. The Annapolis Harbor water taxis are operated during the warmer months and can be boarded at City Dock, other public and commercial shoreline destinations. Call the Water Taxi dispatcher at 410-263-0033 or VHF 68. View more Water Taxi information on Cruise On the Bay.
For information about boating in Annapolis Harbor, contact the Annapolis Harbormaster's Office via email or at 410-263-7973, or visit the Harbormaster's Office page.