- The Commuter Crew assists citizens with joining carpools and vanpools, in addition to finding transit routes that are right for them. The services function in Maryland and Washington, D.C areas. Ridesharing is your ticket to easier and cheaper transportation.
- Use Transit on Google Maps to get to Annapolis from anywhere. Google Maps integrates transit stop, route, schedule, and fare information to make trip planning quick and easy for everyone. The Transit on Google Maps feature is available on selected mobile devices through Google Maps for mobile.
Greyhound and Megabus Bus Services
Greyhound buses no longer stop at City of Annapolis Department of Transportation at 308 Chinquapin Round Road. The new Greyhound bus stop is at Harry S. Truman Park and Ride, off Harry S. Truman Parkway, near MVA in Annapolis. For sales and information, please call Greyhound at 800-231-2222. For other concerns, please call Greyhound customer service at 214-849-8966.
The Megabus stop in Annapolis is located at the MTA Truman Park & Ride lot, 275 Harry S. Truman Parkway, at the last bus bay.
Maryland Transit Administration (MTA)
Coming from Baltimore and/or BWI to Annapolis
- Take the Light Rail* to the Patapsco Station
- Take the Number 70 Bus to Annapolis
*MTA Light Rail stops include BWI Airport, Cromwell Station/Glen Burnie.
Other Commuter Options
- Young Transportation Services
- Dillon’s Bus Service, Inc.
- Washington Metrorail System (WMATA) - Primary access to/from Annapolis is New Carrollton Metro Station (the Orange Line).
- Amtrak (rail passenger service) can be accessed at the New Carrollton Metro Station, at Penn Station in Baltimore, or in downtown Washington at Union Station.
- Baltimore/Washington International (BWI)
- Dulles International in Virginia
- Reagan National in Washington
Water Taxi & Boating Information
Come by boat and enjoy Annapolis on foot or by bus or trolley. The Annapolis Harbor water taxis are operated during the warmer months and can be boarded at City Dock, other public and commercial shoreline destinations. Call the Water Taxi dispatcher at 410-263-0033 or VHF 68. View more Water Taxi information on Cruise On the Bay.