Cancellations and Inclement Weather
The Annapolis Recreation and Parks Department (ARPD) follows the City of Annapolis closing announcements and schedules. This includes the "Pip" Moyer Recreation Center (PMRC) and the Stanton Community Center.
For announcements about delays, closings and cancellations related to winter weather, please refer to:
Additionally, we suggest going to the City of Annapolis Facebook and City of Annapolis Twitter for timely updates, and download the free Prepare Me Annapolis app (iPhone and Android) to receive the latest alerts concerning weather, street closures, events and emergencies.
- If AACPS announce a two hour delay, the "Pip" Moyer Recreation Center will open two hours late at 8 am
- If there is a delay with an exact time of opening for the City, ARPD will open at that time (specific time announced)
- If a one-hour delay is announced, ARPD will open at 9:30 am
- If a two-hour delay is announced, ARPD will open at 10:30 am
- If cancellations and/or delays are announced during working hours, ARPD will post notices on the front doors of the buildings and communicate online (website and social media)
- Programs may be delayed and/or canceled by the responsible program staff based on the availability of the facilities and/or instructors
Sports Indoors & Outdoors
- Please go to League Lineup for City of Annapolis Recreation and Parks field and court cancellation information.
Fitness Classes at PMRC
- Please refer to the ARPD Facebook, PMRC Facebook, ARPD Twitter and ARPD Instagram pages for posts about fitness class cancellations as sometimes they occur day of and our social media accounts are the most up-to-date.
- Otherwise, long-term or planned fitness class cancellations are posted on the Punchpass fitness class schedule.
Child Care Policy
- Listen for Anne Arundel County Public School closures on local radio or television OR please check the ARPD Facebook, PMRC Facebook, ARPD Twitter and/or Instagram pages.
- When school is closed prior to 7 am, the Before School Child Care Program is closed.
- If school is delayed two hours, the Before School Child Care Program is delayed two hours. For example, if school opens at 10 am, Child Care opens at 8 am. Only those registered in the program are eligible for this service.
- If school dismisses early, the After School Child Care Program is closed (no programs are held that day.)