- Departments and Offices
- Information Technology
The Information Technology office is operational during the City’s closure for COVID-19.
Management Information Technology (MIT) is a subdivision of the City Manager’s Office.
MIT maintains a central processing computer installation to support the many functions of the Finance Department. They also provide Management Information Technology services to all City Departments; these services include networks and microcomputers, software upgrades, and training.
- Provides technical support for various City business and operating units
- Maintains central processing and network hardware, security, operating systems and data communications systems
- Maintains, enhances and develops many financial integrated computer system applications using the central processing computer
- Provides Internet and email services
- Provide telephone and video services
- Provides technical support for City PEG TV channels
- Provides Management Information Technology and local and wide area network services to all City departments
- Provides for training for various micro-computer applications
- Provides for microcomputer hardware and software specifications
- Provides centralized microcomputer hardware and software upgrades, troubleshooting and repair
- Manages and maintains the city Internet and Intranet website
- Provides city-wide coordination of Geographical Information Systems (GIS) services and databases
- Provide a secure information system
- To maintain central processing and network availability at 99.9%
- Assess City information management needs and determine the best means of utilizing automated technology to address those needs
- Ensure that the City’s business and operating unit technologies are being used to their full potential