The Annapolis City Code 10.16 requires each owner and occupant of the property to provide sufficient number of containers for the proper storage and disposal of trash between and during times of trash collection service. Improper storage of household trash can provide a source of food and a home for rodents and insects and may resulting health nuisance. The City does not provide residential customers with refuse containers.
Follow these steps when place refuse (trash) out for collection to avoid having your trash tagged and left behind.
1. Place refuse (trash) in a bag.
2. Tie and secure your trash bags and place them in your refuse (trash) container.
3. Refuse (trash) containers must be water tight, durable, have a tight-fitting lid and address number on the container.
4. Place the container at the curb in front of your house or where your property meets the roadway for collection.
The Annapolis City Code 10.16 requires each owner and occupant of the property to recycle. The City of Annapolis provides residential customers recycling containers to use for collection.
Follow these steps when place recycling out for collection to avoid having your recycling tagged and left behind.
1. If you collect your recyclables in a bag, follow the following steps.
2. Take the bag to the recycling container and EMPTY the bag.
3. Throw the bag in the trash or reuse it again.
5. The recyclables should be loose in the container.
6. Don't include plastic bags, film plastic, styrofoam, medical waste, prescription pill bottles, tetra paks, food-soiled material, hoses, wires and hangers in the recycle container.
7. Place next to your refuse container for collection.
Curbside Collection in Annapolis has information to prevent your refuse (trash), recycling, yard trim, and more from being left behind. Take a look!
Please set out all containers for curbside collection by 6:00am the day of collection, but not earlier than 6:00pm the night before collection. Remove and store all containers by midnight following collection. In the Historic District, store all containers out of the public view between collections. All solid waste must be stored in containers at all times.