City Dock Reservation Rules
City Dock Reservation Rules
Per City Code Chapter 15.10
In preparation for your stay at Annapolis City Dock, please be advised of the following City procedures and rules:
- This application is NOT for reservations at the Annapolis Charter Dock.
- Check-in time is 1:00 pm and check-out time is not later than NOON on the scheduled day of departure.
- If you do not plan to arrive until late afternoon or later, please call us no later than 6:00 PM the day before with an expected time of arrival.
- Customers that check out early will not receive a refund.
- Please call the Harbormaster’s office at 410-263-7973 or on VHF Channel 17 when you are approximately 5-10 minutes from Annapolis Harbor so that we can provide you docking instructions and to assist you upon arrival.
- We will try to accommodate any special requests of dock locations or proximity to other vessels if possible, but we reserve the right to assign a dock.
- The power pedestals are not spaced evenly on the dock, so if you have extensions and/or splitters, please bring them along, just in case they’re needed.
- If your stay is for a day or more, you may leave the dock and go day sailing or out for a cruise, and we will reserve your dock position until your return. Please let us know in advance if you plan to day sail and your expected time of return. Again, please call 10-15 minutes out upon any return to the Annapolis Harbor.
- It is the responsibility of the boater/captain to have proper fenders prepared for all weather conditions.
- No commercial activity is permitted at Annapolis City Dock without a lease with the City, approval by City Council, and/or a Harbormaster-authorized Annapolis Charter Dock rental. “Commercial activity” includes, but is not limited to, operation of charter vessel services, solicitation for charter services, sale of food, goods or services, product or service advertising or promotion, or any activity conducted to make a profit.
- The City of Annapolis and its elected officials, employees and agents shall have no liability to vessel owners, operators, employees, passengers or guests for any losses and/or damages due to any reason whatsoever related to any approved use of the Annapolis City Dock pursuant to this application.
- The Harbormaster may deny, delay or reschedule dockage in the sole discretion of the Harbormaster to promote public safety, or to resolve conflicting uses of public property due to any condition.
- You agree to abide by all rules, regulations and laws governing the use of the Annapolis City Harbor, the Annapolis City Dock, and any related harbor or launch facilities.
- No fueling or repair work in the Annapolis City Dock or Harbor areas.
- No barbecues or open fires.
- Use only UL approved electrical fittings at Annapolis City Dock.
- If you have a dinghy or jet ski in the water, it must be paid for by its length, or docked at the Dinghy Dock at the end of “Ego Alley” and be under 17 feet in length with 90 horsepower or less.
- If you wish to extend your reservation, you will be charged the reservation rate.
- The Harbormaster reserves the right to move your vessel by hand and line, with or without your presence, during your stay if needed to accommodate other vessels or in case of emergency.