The public slips on the eastern side vary in size, view a table of their dimensions. When approaching the harbor, it is recommended to contact us by radio or telephone and tell us your boat's dimensions so we can advise you as to which available space is best suited for your boat.
May - October
- Transient boaters may rent up to three hours (prior to 5 p.m.) before they have to switch over to the daily rental plan.
- The hourly rate (electrical hookup included) is $10 per hour for boats up to 60 feet overall length, $15 per hour for boats over 60 feet overall length. If paying by credit card, two hour minimum payment is required.
- The overnight rate (electrical hookup not included) is $2.25 per foot of overall length (including sprits, pulpits, davits, swim platforms, etc.), and no less than the minimum fee of $40 per night.
- A premium surcharge of $0.50 per foot (a total of $2.75 per foot) will be added to transient dockage fees every Friday, Saturday, and during the following national holiday periods:
- Naval Academy Graduation and Memorial Day holiday weekend: A total premium period of 11 days.
- Independence Day Holiday: A total premium period of 11 days.
- Labor Day Holiday: A total premium period of 6 days.
- The checkout time is noon of each day.
November - April
- Winter dockage is available from November 1st through April 1st the following year.
- The rental fee is paid monthly at $8 per foot plus electricity fees.
- There is a waiting list for winter dockage, so please call the office with your contact and vessel information to apply.
Dock Assistants and Assistant Harbormasters will write a receipt for the fee paid, with your help. In order to maximize efficiency be sure to have the following information ready; length of your vessel, the official number (if no state registration numbers are shown), the captain's mobile cell phone number, and a payment method.
Payment may be made with cash, check (made out to "City of Annapolis"), or credit card (We accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discovery, Diners Club, and JCB). Occasionally, customers are ready to pay before our personnel or patrol boats have arrived on location. In these cases, customers are encouraged to call the office and pay by credit card over the phone. After you call, we will notify our patrol boat so that it will not disturb you.
- The public slips and bulkhead operate on a first-come-first-served basis.
- The right to occupancy terminates upon departure from a first-come-first-served slip or bulkhead.
- Consumption of alcohol is only permitted while aboard paid vessels.
- Fueling is not permitted in the City Dock area.
- Barbecue grills or open fires are not permitted at City Dock due to the fire hazard.
- Use only correct, UL-approved electrical fittings at City Dock.