Historic Preservation Commission
Recently, there has been increased interest in using outdoor spaces in the Historic District for dining and commercial use. To provide guidance and support, the Historic Preservation Commission has been reviewing the existing guidelines which relate to outdoor furniture and fixtures. The commission has discussed potential changes in public meetings over the last several months. In the public meeting on 11 January 2022, the commission approved updates to the existing guidelines. The updated version is available below.
- 7:00 PM
- 4th Thursday of every month (except August, November and December)
- Mayor John T. Chambers Council Chamber
- Virtual meetings can be seen at www.youtube.com/user/CityofAnnapolis
|Timothy P. Leahy, Chair||10/13/2008||1/20/2020||07/31/2023|
|Kim I. Finch||09/28/2007||6/28/2021||07/31/2024|
|Roberta “Bobbi” Collins, Vice Chair||09/25/2017||9/14/2020||07/31/2023|
To review applications to construct, alter, move, demolish, or repair a structure within the historic district.
Seven residents who have knowledge of and a demonstrated interest in historic preservation. Term - three years. Appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Aldermen.
All applications and associated correspondence, revisions, reviews, and inspections can be viewed on the City of Annapolis eTRAKiT system.
- Go to: https://etrakit.annapolis.gov
- Click on Projects >> Search >> type the address.
- Under the tab Project Info, scroll down to Attachments to view the application and revisions.
- Economic Hardship - Evidentiary Criteria - June 2013 (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Administrative Application for Certificate of Approval (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission By Laws (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Public Hearing Application and Guidelines (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Sidewalk Cafe Furniture Guidelines (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Sign Guidelines (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Tax Credit Application (PDF)
- Historic Preservation Commission Rules of Procedure - February 17, 2021 (PDF)
- Annapolis HPC design manual 2007 (PDF)