Truxtun Park Penguins
We welcome new and returning swimmers to the Truxtun Park Penguins swim team!
For general questions about practices, meets and volunteering (Parent Reps), the team can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org and Coach Jennifer Bistrack.
Registration for the 2019 season
Registration closed on June 7 for this summer's swim team.
2019 Practice Schedule
Practices are held Monday through Thursday and start Tuesday, May 28. Fridays will be reserved for optional practice clinics as announced by the coaches.
2019 Meet Schedule
All Saturday Meets begin at 8:30 a.m. with Warm-Ups starting at 7:30 a.m.
Penguins 2019 Meet Schedule (subject to change):
June 15 Bay Hills @ Truxtun Park
June 22 Truxtun Park @ Severn River
June 29 Truxtun Park @ South River Colony
July 6 Truxtun Park @ Evergreen
July 13 Annapolis Swim Team @ Truxtun Park
July 17 Bronze Championships @ Hillsmere
July 20 Silver Championships @ Davidsonville
July 21 Gold Championships @ Bay Ridge
2019 Championship Meets
The Championship meets are driven by time standards so we won’t know which meet your child qualifies for until after the first several meets. Entry paperwork for championship meets will be passed out two weeks prior these meets. It is the responsibility of parents to turn the paperwork in on time for children to be able to swim in their championship meet. Specific meet dates TBA.
Parent Reps (Volunteers)
Volunteering is essential for a successful season. Some positions are needed for each meet while others are only needed at the home meets. Volunteer assignments for each meet will be filled the week prior to each meet. We’re looking for volunteers to fill the following positions:
- Penguin Café – concessions for home meets
- Starter/Referee – home meets (see dates above)
- Stroke & Turn Judges – 2-4 needed for all meets (preferred to have previous experience as a swimmer or s swimming parent, special training provided)
- Ribbon Writers – all meets
- Timers – all meets
- Software Operator – all meets (must be willing to learn Team Manager/Meet Manager & be available the entire season)
- Bull Pen/Lane Organizer – all meets (must have a loud voice and a lot of patience)
- Kid Finders – all meets (see qualifications above)
- Meet set-up (during home meets)
- Meet clean-up/breakdown (during home meets)
- Awards Banquet – date TBD
|8 and under
||6 - 6:45 pm
|9-12 year olds
||6:45 - 7:30 pm
|13-18 year olds
||7:30 - 8:30 PM