Kenneth R. Dunn Municipal Pool August/September
VIEW AUGUST and SEPTEMBER POOL CALENDAR
We offer morning, lunchtime and evening water aerobics classes! Please refer to the PMRC Fitness Class Punchpass Schedule.The classes with a turquoise vertical line next to the description are water aerobics classes held at the pool.
|Age||Daily Rate||Season Pass (May 27-Sep 4)||
Season Pass Code
|Children under 2||Free with paying adult||N/A||N/A|
|Youth, age 3-12||R $4 / NR $7||R $130 / NR $180||#2546|
|Teen/Adult, age 13-61||R $6 / NR $10||R $190 / NR $240||#2548|
|Senior, age 62+||R $4 / NR $7||R $130 / NR $180||#2547|
|Family of 4 (must reside in the same household||N/A||R $200 / NR $300
each additional child $20
|Pool Party (2 hours)||R $250 / NR $300||N/A||N/A|
Updates to note for the Summer 2023 Pool Season:
- One lane is available during daily operation for swim testing or lap swim.
- There is a new swim test policy for the 2023 season.
- All patrons must shower before entering the pool.
- All patrons must wear a commercial swimsuit.
- Parents must actively supervise their children.
- No outside beverages, food or coolers are permitted on pool property at any time.
- Due to morning programming, the Splash Pad hours are 11 am - 7 pm (it opens to the public at 11 am like the rest of the facility.)
Please do not bring the following items. They are not allowed anywhere at the pool facility:
- Pool floats, including noodles
- Toys, such as balls or diving rings
- Coolers with food and drinks. (There's a Snack Shop where you can purchase food and beverages such as juice boxes, bottles of water and one ounce snacks such as chips and pretzels. Please note that the Snack Shop only accepts cash.)
- Glass containers of any kind
- Alcohol and Drugs
- Tobacco and Vaping products
For birthday parties, we reserve two tables with umbrellas for you and your guests for up to two hours in the Splash Pad area. Birthday cakes, snacks, pizza and other non-alcoholic beverages are permitted. Entrance wristbands are provided for each guest. Once the party time ends, all guests must vacate the facility. Guests may pay the daily drop in fee to return to the pool. Maximum 25 people, including adults are permitted for birthday parties; additional guests must pay the daily fee at the time of the party (daily passes cannot be pre-purchased.)
Parties are offered during open swim hours (we do not close the pool for parties.) The pools are staffed with certified lifeguards according to state and local guidelines. Parents/guardians must always supervise and be in the same pool as their child.
Cooking, smoking, vaping, alcoholic beverages and glass containers are prohibited on pool property.
To reserve a birthday party, please go to the “Pip” Moyer Recreation Center (PMRC) before Memorial Day weekend or to the Kenneth R. Dunn Municipal Pool Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day Weekend. You may call the pool at 410-263-7928 or PMRC at 410-263-7958.
- Party Days: Saturdays and Sundays only
- Party Times: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm / 2 - 4 pm / 5 - 7 pm
- Party Rates: R $250 / NR $300
What to Bring / Know Before You Go
- Swim Test Policy: All swimmers under the age of 16 must pass a swim test before they are allowed in the Kenneth R. Dunn Municipal Pool at Truxtun Park pool area without direct adult supervision. Please refer to the details of the updated (2023) Swim Test Policy.
- Practice Safe Physical Distancing: Please remain at least 6 feet apart from others while at the facility (pool deck, snack shop, restrooms, front desk, etc.)
- Lounge Chairs and Tables: All lounge chairs and tables must remain 6 feet apart from other parties. Please do not move the furniture from its assigned positions.
- Deck Shower: All patrons entering the pool must use the deck shower before swimming. To note: Restroom showers will not be available for use at this time.
- Boys/Men: Swim trunks must have a mesh liner. No gym shorts.
- Girls/Women: Swim suits must provide adequate coverage for a family environment. No bras, sports bras or underwear.
- Swim Diaper and Commercially-Made Bathing Suit required for non-potty-trained children: Those children who are not potty-trained, must wear both a swim diaper, such as Huggies® Little Swimmers® Disposable Swim pants or Pampers Splashers, and a tight-fitting ecology suit with elastic bands around the legs and waist to help prevent leaks. Ecology suits are essential to maintain healthy water for all swimmers. For more information, check out the Centers for Disease Control.
- Snack Shop (cash only, no ATM onsite). Pre-packaged snacks and beverages may be purchased from the Snack Shop.
- Water Fountains are closed. Please bring your own water or purchase at the Snack Shop.
- For inclement weather announcements, please refer to the ARPD Facebook page and ARPD Twitter pages. We also suggest you call the pool directly at 410-263-7928. TO NOTE: this phone number is answered only during the season when the pool is open.
Learn about weather-related safety in terms of lightning.