FAQs for Planning and Zoning
- When are permits required in the City of Annapolis?
- If I plan to do interior or exterior demolition, is a permit required and if so, what plans do I need to submit?
- Is a permit required for piers, pilings, floating docks, dredging, or boat lifts?
- Do tree removals require a permit?
- Does landscaping require a permit?
- Does my project require an Adequate Public Facilities Certificate?
- Is it possible to apply for a Certificate of Adequate Public Facilities prior to submitting for other development approvals?
- How long does it take to obtain a Certificate of Adequate Public Facilities?
- What information and plans are necessary to obtain an Adequate Public Facilities Certificate?
- My building and/or development will be fully sprinklered. Does it meet the fire department portion of the APFO?
- I'm adding a second floor to my existing commercial building. Do I have to meet the fire department portion of the APFO?
- What are non-auto transportation alternatives anyway and why should we provide facilities for them?
- If someone is interested in building a new house on a vacant lot recently purchased, which city agencies would be involved in the review process of this permit application?
- I live in Eastport and want to add a family room and a second floor bedroom to my newly purchased dwelling. What should I do?
- I have my eye on a commercial building for a possible coffee shop but am apprehensive about signing a tenant lease. What should I do?
- Is an architect or engineer services required on drawing submittals?
- Can an architect or engineer licensed in Virginia design and certify drawings for a project in Maryland?
- Can an upper floor over a garage be remodeled to be used as a sewing room?
- Can an owner add on to their house for their elderly mother-in-law?