DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY AND ENDORSEMENT
The content of this site or any other site, owned, operated, licensed, sponsored or controlled by the City of Annapolis, Maryland, U.S.A. [City] comes from a variety of public and private information sources. Although effort has been made to provide complete and accurate information, the information should always be verified before it is used in any way. The City makes no warranty, express or implied, nor assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information from the service or links to other services.
Any reference obtained from this site to a specific company, commercial product, process, or service does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by City of the company, commercial product, process, or service.
NOTICE SPECIFIC TO DOCUMENTS AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE
Permission granted for; Permission to use documents (such as reports, publications, press releases, data sheets and FAQs) from this site is granted, provided that (1) that both the copyright notice (if applicable) and this permission notice appears in all copies, (2) use of such documents from this site is for informational and noncommercial or personal use only and will not be copied or posted on any network computer or broadcast in any media, and (3) no modifications of any documents are made.
Permission NOT granted for; Permission to use documents specified above does not include other intellectual properties including the design or layout of this web site or any other site owned, operated, licensed, sponsored or controlled by the City. Elements of the City web sites that are protected by trade dress, trademark, unfair competition, and other laws and may not be copied or imitated in whole or in part. No logo, graphic, sound or image from any City web site may be copied, re-transmitted, or used in a manner which suggests the City's association with or endorsement of any product, service, opinion or cause unless expressly permitted by the City.
The documents and related graphics published on this site could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. The City may make changes in the site described herein at any time.
NOTICE REGARDING DOCUMENTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THIS WEB SITE
Users entering materials on this web site or any other site owned, operated, licensed, sponsored or controlled by the City are responsible for the content of that material. The City has no responsibility for the content of any messages or information posted by users, or for the content of information of third parties on the Internet, even if accessed through City pages. The City does retain the right, which it may or may not exercise, in its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete from the service any third-party material accessed through City pages which the City deems to be inappropriate in any way.
In no event shall the City be liable for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other tort action, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of documents, provision or failure to provide services, or information available from this service.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
This City web site has links to other, non-City, third party web sites. These non-City web sites are not under the control of the City. The City is not responsible for the contents of any non-City linked web site or any link contained in a non-City linked web site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The City is not responsible for web casting or any other form of transmission received from any non-City linked site. The City maintains and provides these non-City links to you only as a convenience. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the City of the linked site.
In determining whether to allow external content links on the Web site it operates, the City of Annapolis will be guided by the purpose of the City's Web site. The City of Annapolis Web site is intended to provide a broad range of useful information that enhances the connection between City government and local citizens, and to serve as a resource for people who are interested in, or need the details of our organization, community, and region.
The City, at its sole discretion, will determine whether external content meets the purposes of the City of Annapolis Web site. Generally, external content does not meet the purposes of the City of Annapolis Web site if the content contains, suggests, or infers any of the following. (This list is a nonexclusive list.):
- Advocacy of or opposition to any politically, environmentally, or socially controversial subjects, issues, or candidates.
- Disparaging or promoting any person or class of persons.
- Content not suitable for visitors of all ages, or links to or other promotion of businesses whose products or services are not suitable for persons of all ages.
- Promoting or inciting illegal, violent, or socially undesirable conduct.
- Promotion or availability of alcohol or tobacco products.
- Promotion or availability of illegal drugs.
- Promotion or availability of adult or sexually oriented entertainment or materials.
- Promotion, opposition, or availability of weapons.
- Promotion, opposition, or availability of gambling.
- Promotion of any religion or religious viewpoint.
- Claims of efficacy, suitability, desirability, or other non-objective statements about businesses, products, or services.
- Content that infringes on any trademark, copyright, or patent rights of another.
- Claims or representations in violation of advertising or consumer protection laws.
- Content that a reasonable citizen may not consider to maintain the dignity and decorum appropriate for government.
As a general rule, links are only provided to non-profit organizations. However, exceptions will be made for public acknowledgement of sponsors or other contributors of resources to City events or programs; and for commercial sites of news media organizations providing coverage of the local community. LINK REQUESTS
Links from the City of Annapolis site - Web site operators who wish to have a link from the City of Annapolis site to their Web site must read and comply with this policy and provide contact information.
Required contact information includes:
- Name of the organization operating the Web site.
- Physical address (i.e., a postal address) of the organization.
- Name of the person responsible for the Web site.
- E-mail address of the person responsible for the Web site.
- Telephone number of the person responsible for the Web site
- Internet address (URL) of the Web site.
The City reserves the right to amend these contact information requirements at any time.
In addition, for external Web sites linked from the City of Annapolis Web site, the specific page that is opened when a visitor goes to the URL provided (usually referred to as the home or start page) must meet the following technical requirements:
- The page must contain a valid HTML title tag that provides the name of the site or the organization that operates the site.
- The page must provide contact information available to any visitor to the site. This contact information may be in the form of an e-mail address, postal address, or telephone number.
Requests for links from the City of Annapolis Web site will not be granted automatically and are not guaranteed for Web site operators who provide the required contact information. Links to external content on Web pages operated by the City of Annapolis will be added at the City's sole discretion.
Links to the City of Annapolis site - Web site operators who want to provide a link from their site to the City of Annapolis Web site are requested to provide the same contact information as listed above. The information may be sent to the firstname.lastname@example.org