Ten Mile Run in Annapolis
Streets will be closed on a rolling basis
Annapolis, MD (8-21-14) Annapolis Mayor Michael Pantelides reminds residents that the 39th Annual Annapolis Striders’ Ten Mile Run will take place this Sunday, August 24.
The race begins at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium at 7:00 a.m. and ends at the Stadium at 9:30 a.m.
No parking spots on area roads will be removed from the route. Parking along Main Street and King George Street will not be impacted. Sidewalk closures are not planned.
Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/Rowe Boulevard) to direct people.
Below are various temporary street closures and detours:
Stadium Area / Rowe Blvd (6:45 – 7:30 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. & Rowe Blvd. – Closed to traffic until 7:50 a.m.
• Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Rowe Blvd. – Southbound lane from Farragut to Taylor – Closed to traffic
West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (7:30 – 9:15 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave from Rowe Blvd to Baltimore Blvd – closed from 8:15 to 9:15 a.m.
• Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. – Closed to traffic
• Taylor Ave. south of Rowe Blvd. – Detour around the Stadium using Farragut Rd. and Cedar Park to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.)
Historic Area (7:15 – 7:50 a.m.)
• Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & Northwest St. – Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:40 and 8:10 a.m.
• Northwest St. – Closed to traffic
• Church Circle – North portion of Circle between Northwest St. & Main St.; closed to traffic; southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
• Church Circle at College Ave. – Closed to traffic when runners are passing
• Main St. – Closed to traffic until 8:10 a.m.
• Main St. & Randall St. – Closed to traffic from 7:45 until 8:25 a.m.
• Randall St. & King George St. – Closed to traffic
• King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
• College Ave. at King George St. – Closed to traffic entering King George St
Naval Academy Bridge Area (7:30 – 9:20 a.m.)
• Route 450 from King George St. to 648 – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd at Perry Circle – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. – Closed to traffic
Pendennis Mount/Ferry Farms (7:30 – 8:45 a.m.)
• Northbound lane of Route 648 open to traffic on a rolling basis
• Route 648 from Route 450 to Ferry Farms – Closed to traffic Southbound lane closed to traffic
For more information on the race, go to http://annapolisstriders.org/2014/a10/a102014InfoA.htm