Annapolis Striders Ten Mile Run Information
Streets Will be Closed on a Rolling Basis
Annapolis, MD (8-20-12) Annapolis Mayor Joshua J. Cohen reminds residents that an anticipated 5,000 people will be in Annapolis on Sunday, August 26, for the Annapolis Striders' Ten Mile Run.
The race begins at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium at 7:45a.m. and ends at the Stadium at 10:00 a.m.
Several roads will be closed on a rolling basis starting Sunday at 7:30 a.m. and ending at 9:50 a.m. All route and street closures have been worked out, and agreed to, by the Annapolis Police Department, the United States Naval Academy, the Anne Arundel County Police, the Maryland Highway Administration, and the Maryland State Police. Extensive consideration was given to minimizing the inconvenience to residents and businesses.
No parking spots on area roads will be removed from the route. Parking along Main St. and King George St. will not be impacted. Sidewalk closures are not planned.
Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at Farragut Road & Rowe Boulevard and at Herbert Sachs & Rowe Boulevard to direct people.
Street Closures: Stadium Area / Rowe Blvd (7:30 – 8:15 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. & Rowe Blvd. – Closed to traffic until 8:05
• Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Farragut Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Rowe Blvd. – Southbound lane from Farragut to Taylor – Closed to traffic West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (8:15 – 9:30 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave from Rowe Blvd to Baltimore Blvd – closed from 8:30 to 9:30
• Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. – Closed to traffic
• Taylor Ave. south of Rowe Blvd. – Detour around the Stadium using Farragut Rd. and Cedar Park to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.) Historic Area (7:50 – 8:30 a.m.)
• Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & Northwest St. – Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:50 and 8:20
• Northwest St. – Closed to traffic
• Church Circle – North portion of Circle between Northwest St. & Main St.; closed to traffic; southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
• Church Circle at College Ave. – Closed to traffic when runners are passing
• Main St. – Closed to traffic until 8:20
• Main St. & Randall St. – Closed to traffic until 8:25
• Randall St. & King George St. – Closed to traffic
• King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
• College Ave. at King George St. – Closed to traffic entering King George St Naval Academy Bridge Area (8:00 – 9:50 a.m.)
• Route 450 from King George St. to USNA Gate 8 – Closed to traffic
• Route 450 from USNA Gate 8 to B&A Blvd – Southbound lane closed to traffic. Northbound lane open to metered traffic only – one direction at a time
• Route 450 and B&A Blvd – Open to northbound traffic. Southbound traffic metered only
• Baltimore Blvd. at Bowyer Rd. – Open to northbound metered traffic
• Baltimore Blvd at Perry Circle – Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. – Closed to traffic Ritchie Highway (8:00 – 9:30 a.m.)
• Ritchie Highway between B&A Blvd and Boulters Way. – Southbound lane closed. Two-way traffic on northbound lane
Boulters Way and Winchester Rd (8:10 – 9:15 a.m.)
• Boulters Way – Closed to traffic
• Boulters Way and Manresa Drive – Closed to traffic
• Boulters Way and S. Winchester Rd. – Closed to traffic
• Boulters Way and Winchester Rd./Summers Run – Traffic detoured to Winchester Rd
• Winchester Rd from Boulters Way until turn-around south of Waters Ridge Ct. – Closed to southbound traffic. Northbound traffic routed to southbound lane.