City Schedule for New Year Holiday
Annapolis, MD (12-28-11) Annapolis Mayor Joshua J. Cohen reminds residents that some City services will be affected during the New Year holiday: Saturday, December 31, 2011 (New Year’s Eve):
• Annapolis Transit will operate on a regular schedule all day.
• The Circulator Trolley will operate until 2:30 a.m. on Sunday, January 1, 2012.
You can catch the Circulator trolley every 10 minutes anywhere along its route from Westgate Circle (Park Place) to Memorial Circle (Market House). It will operate from 6:30 a.m. Saturday through 2:30 a.m. Sunday to accommodate everyone celebrating downtown and attending the Annapolis New Year’s Eve Celebration.
Park at Knighton and Park Place garages for only $5 and the Circulator trolley is free! Enjoy the stress-free experience by parking at regular rates at one of these two garages and take the nostalgic trolley ride downtown, hopping on and off at any of the enticing locations along the route.
Event rates will be in effect at the Noah Hillman garage ($20) and Gott’s Court ($15) with free Circulator service.
Please remember, the Circulator trolley is not free from the Navy-Marine Crops Memorial Stadium. It will cost an additional $2 on top of what you pay to park at the stadium and will run infrequently, averaging every 30 minutes. For more information, go to www.annapolis.gov and click on Circulator. Sunday, January 1, 2012:
• There will be no Annapolis Transit service after the Circulator trolley ends its shift at 2:30 a.m. Monday, January 2, 2012:
• City government offices will be closed for the New Year holiday.
• Annapolis Transit will operate on a regular schedule.
• No refuse or yard waste collections.
Those normally scheduled for yard waste pickup will receive it Wednesday, January 4th. There will be no makeup day for refuse collection.
• Recycling will be collected.