TCS Annapolis Half Marathon Will Cause Street Closures
Expect Delays Saturday, November 19
Annapolis, MD (11-18-11) The Half Marathon will start and finish at the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium on Saturday, November 19. The race begins at 7:00 a.m.
Street Closures by Location and Time:
Stadium Area (7-7:30 a.m.; reopened for 30 minutes; closed 8-9:45 a.m.)
• Taylor Ave. between Rowe Blvd. & Cedar Park Rd. - Closed to traffic
• Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd. - Closed to traffic
• Farragut Rd. & Rowe Blvd. - Closed to traffic
• Herbert M. Sachs Blvd. - Closed to traffic
NOTE: Once all runners have cleared the stadium area at the start of the race, traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/ Rowe Boulevard) to direct traffic.
Downtown Area (7:10-8:30 a.m.)
• Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & College Ave. - Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:10 and 7:25 on a rolling basis
• Rowe Blvd & Taylor Ave. - Inbound lanes closed to traffic
• College Ave. from Church Circle to Hanover St. - Closed to traffic
• Church Circle - South portion of Circle between College Ave. & Main St.; closed to
traffic on a rolling basis; southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
• Main St. - Closed to traffic
• Main St. & Randall St. to King George St. - Right lane open to USNA Gate 1 traffic only
• King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd. - Closed to traffic
• Maryland Ave. between King George and State Circle - Closed to traffic
• State Circle - Closed to traffic
• North St. - Closed to traffic
• College Avenue to Hanover St. - Closed to traffic
• Hanover St. to Wagner St. to King George St.- Closed to traffic
Naval Academy Bridge (7:30-9:45 a.m.)
• Rt. 450 (Baltimore Blvd.) at King George St. - Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Bowyer Rd. - Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd.- Closed to traffic
• Baltimore Blvd. at Longshaw Rd. - Closed to traffic
• Route 450 Naval Academy Bridge- Right lane (northbound) open to USNA Gate 8 traffic only
Ritchie Highway (7:25-9:45 a.m.)
• Ritchie Highway between the Naval Academy Bridge & Severn Ridge Rd. –
Southbound lanes 7:25-10:30a.m.; southbound traffic detours to Severn Ridge Way
to Route 648 south
• Ritchie Highway between Severn Ridge Rd. & Boulter’s Way - Shoulder and left lane closed to traffic; right lane open to traffic until detour at Severn Ridge
NOTE: All participants will be required to move to sidewalks and follow pedestrian rules in the City of Annapolis 18 minutes after the final start group. Outside of downtown Annapolis, all roads will reopen by 9:45 a.m. Police and Course Monitors will be stationed along the course and will assist pedestrians to cross if necessary.
For additional race information or to see the full course map, go to www.annapolishalf.com.
For more information on the race, contact Lisa Fontaine 410-991-5903 email@example.com or Craig Harrison 410-991-7339 firstname.lastname@example.org.