Welcome to the Truxtun Park Municipal Swim Center! The City's outdoor pool is open daily through Labor Day in September.
Truxtun Park Pool
251 Pump House Road
Annapolis, Maryland 21403
Pool Phone #: 410.263.7928
The Truxtun Park Municipal Swim Center is the only outdoor public pool in the City of Annapolis. No membership is required, though we do offer Seasons Passes for frequent users. Our handicapped accessible facility is a great place to swim laps or splash around with the whole family during the hot summer months. The Truxtun Park Pool also offers a wide variety of programs for swimmers of all ages and skill levels. Be sure to review "What to Bring" below before coming to the pool to ensure a safe and fun time for everyone. We look forward to seeing you around the pool this summer!
Pool Hours (open daily starting Thursday, June 19, 2014):
Open Swim times are as follows:
Mon/Wed/Fri: 12:30 - 6 p.m.
Tue/Thu: 12:30 - 5 p.m.
Sat/Sun and Holidays: 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Lap Swimming Hours:
The following times are designated for lap swimming only.
Mon-Fri: 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
At all other times, one lane will remain in the pool for lap swimmers, except between 1 and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Seasonal Daily Rates:
Under 3* with paying adult = free
Youth** (ages 3-17) = $4
Adults (ages 18-61) = $5
Seniors (ages 62+) = $4
*Children not potty trained must wear a tight-fitting ecology suit over top of their swim diaper.
**Children under 10 years old must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 18 years of age or older. No exceptions. Youth ages 10-17 must sign in with the name and phone of a parent/guardian lifeguards can contact in the event of an emergency.
Youth* (3-17) & Seniors (62+) = Resident $56 / Non-Resident $65
Adult = Resident $68 / Non-Resident $75
Family** = Resident $160 / Non-Resident $185
*Youth must be at least 10-years-old to be at the pool without a parent or guardian.
**Good for a family of 4. Additional members are $20 each. Family members must reside in the same household.
Season Passes must be shown at entry. Camp participants cannot use passes for entry during camp times. There is a charge of $10 to replace lost passes. Passes must be purchased during business hours at the "Pip" Moyer Recreation Center (273 Hilltop Lane). Season passes are not sold at the Truxtun Park Pool.
Pool Rules <-- please review this information before coming to the pool! Please click here for weather-related safety in relation to lightning.
What to Bring: Before you come to the Truxtun Park Municipal Swim Center, be sure to have the following with you, or else you will be refused admission:
- Bathing Suit
- Boys/Men: Swim trunks must have a mesh liner. No gym shorts.
- Girls/Women: Swim suits must provide adequate coverage for a family environment. No bras, sports bras, or underwear.
- Swim Diaper and Ecology Suit for Non-Potty Trained Youth: Children who are not potty trained must wear both a swim diaper, such as Huggies “Lil Swimmers” or Pampers “Swimmers”, and a tight-fitting ecology suit with elastic bands around the legs and waist to help prevent leaks. We recommend the Water Gear “Swimsuit Diaper”, available for purchase at the Truxtun Park Pool for $6. Ecology suits are essential to maintain healthy water for all swimmers. For more information, check out the Centers for Disease Control.
We recommend, but do not require, that you bring the following:
- Only a limited number of chairs are provided at the pool.
- Towels are not provided at the Truxtun Pool.
- A healthy snack (vending machines are present on the pool deck, but no concessions.)
Feel free to bring a cooler with a picnic lunch, but please NO GLASS OR ALCOHOL. Please DO NOT BRING the following:
- Pool floats, including noodles
- Water wings
- Toys, such as balls or diving rings
- Glass containers of any kind
Rentals (please note: these rates may change during the 2014 summer season):
The Truxtun Park Pool is available for private parties on most Saturday and Sunday evenings from 6 to 8 p.m. The fee to rent the pool is $50 per hour, plus $17 per lifeguard per hour with a minimum of two lifeguards (with the number of lifeguards to be determined by the Aquatics Coordinator based on projected attendance). Please contact Samantha Gilmore at 410.263.7958 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule your private party at the Truxtun Park Pool.
Are you interested in bringing your camp group or youth organization to the pool during open hours? Please contact Samantha Gilmore at 410.263.7958 or email@example.com to schedule your group’s visit to the Truxtun Park Pool before dropping in.
Google Maps to: 251 Pump House Road, Annapolis, MD 21403.