Mayor Pantelides encourages you to recycle
Residential Recycling is Mandatory
By City Code, residents must place all recyclable material in recycling bins/cans and place them out for collection.
FREE recycling containers are provided to City residents. Containers can be picked up from the following locations in an 18, 32 or 64 gallon size.
**64 gallon wheeled carts are available for pickup at 935 Spa Rd. only, while supplies last. Please bring in current I.D. and a copy of your water bill for verification.
- Public Works Services at 935 Spa Road, Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Public Works Administration at 145 Gorman Street, 2nd floor, Mon - Fri, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Recycling is so easy!
No more sorting; place everything together in one container.
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Aluminum beverage and food containers and foil.
- Metal beverage and food containers.
- Empty aerosol cans.
- Plastic bags (place all bags together inside another), plastic wrap, cups, plates, utensils, buckets, storage totes, flower pots, toys, bottles, jars, jugs, tubs, trays and CD/DVD cases, laundry baskets.
- Newspapers and mixed paper including junk mail, magazines, and advertisements. Wrapping paper, telephone books, books (hard or soft), shredded paper, printer and copy paper, cardboard, mail, paper rolls, cereal/pizza boxes, milk and juice cartons.
Only these items will be collected. Please do not place any other items in your recycling bin. Any non-recyclable items will be left for you to discard.
At this time, we do not have the capabilities to recycle Styrofoam, including packing peanuts.
Print and post the list of collectible items.
- To assure pickup, you must use the City’s "Annapolis Recycles" blue bin.
- Place all recyclable items, including paper, together in the bin.
- Break down and bundle cardboard with a natural fiber twine, or place broken-down cardboard in a paper bag or in a recycling container. The cardboard should be no larger than 2ft. by 3ft.
- Place at the curb the night before your scheduled collection day.
For additional information, call (410) 263-7949 or e-mail email@example.com