All yard waste collection is picked up every Wednesday.
Yard Recycling services include:
- Yard Trimming Collection: Grass clippings, leaves, garden wastes (no dirt, gravel or rocks) and small branches.
- Christmas Tree Collection: Provided on your regular yard waste collection days.
Yard Trimmings consist of grass clippings, discarded plants, leaves, branches and brush. DO NOT INCLUDE: Rocks or dirt, household garbage or trash, food waste, hazardous waste, animal waste, dead animals, metal items, lumber or construction debris.
PREPARATION: Please be considerate of these guidelines when preparing your yard trimmings for collection. Your cooperation will make better use of your tax dollars and allow more time to assist you.
- Place yard trimmings at the curb the night before your collection day.
- Tie branches, vines and brush together with natural fiber rope or twine so that they can be picked up as a bundle measuring no more than 2 feet by 4 feet. Wire, nylon and plastic get caught in our grinder and are not compostable.
- Place your leaves, grass clippings and other loose yard trimmings in marked, brown PAPER leaf bags, open refuse containers or cardboard boxes marked with an "X". Do not use plastic bags.
- Plastic bags, flower pots, broken tools, rocks, etc., are not compostable and require extra time and expense to remove. Foreign objects can damage our grinding machine and expose our workers to serious danger from flying objects
- Mark all yard trimmings by making an "X" with paint or masking tape on the container or bag, so that the collection crews may discern yard trimmings from refuse.