Bulk Pickup for large items is now available as a "service by request" and is being performed weekly each Wednesday
. You may schedule a Bulk Pickup online with the click of a button
or by calling (410) 263-7949. Smaller items, such as a chair or end table, may be placed out with your regular trash.
Tips for the Request Form
- Bulk Refuse must be placed at the curb either the night before or very early the morning of the scheduled date.
- Bulk items may include household items such as furniture, large appliances, play equipment, and other types of hard to handle items. The law requires that doors be removed from any refrigerator or freezer in order to protect children. Please place in an orderly manner. We do not accept construction materials.
- Small items such as chairs, lamps, end tables can be placed out with your refuse every week. Large items such as appliances, sofa, mattresses, bed frames will be collected by appointment.
- Free disposal of electronic items is available at our e-cycling drop-off site at 935 Spa Rd. Check in at the trailer. Anne Arundel County also provides e-cycling.
- The City cannot enter private property to collect the discarded bulk refuse, nor will the city collect building materials generated by homeowners or contractors, or material arising from the demolition of buildings.
- All tree branches and other yard-recycling items will not be picked up under this program; they will be collected according to your refuse schedule.