Recycling is so easy! No more sorting; place everything together in one container. It's amazing what can be recycled now.
Print and post the list of collectible items.
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Aluminum beverage and food containers and foil.
- Metal beverage and food containers.
- Empty aerosol cans.
- Plastic bags (place all bags together inside another), plastic wrap, cups, plates, utensils, buckets, storage totes, flower pots, toys, bottles, jars, jugs, tubs, trays and CD/DVD cases, laundry baskets.
- Newspapers and mixed paper including junk mail, magazines, and advertisements. Wrapping paper, telephone books, books (hard or soft), shredded paper, printer and copy paper, cardboard, mail, paper rolls, cereal/pizza boxes, milk and juice cartons.
Only these items will be collected. Please do not place any other items in your recycling bin. Any non-recyclable items will be left for you to discard.
- To assure pickup, you must use the City’s "Annapolis Recycles" blue bin.
- Recycling bins are available, free of charge, from the Department of Public Works at 145 Gorman Street, 2nd floor, or the Operations Center at 935 Spa Road, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., not including holidays. Please call ahead to ensure we have them in stock.(410) 263-7967.
- Place all recyclable items, including paper, together in the bin. Break down and bundle cardboard with a natural fiber twine, or place broken-down cardboard in a paper bag or in a recycling container. The cardboard should be no larger than 2ft. by 3ft.
- Place at the curb the night before your scheduled collection day.
For additional information, call (410) 263-7949 or e-mail email@example.com
For information on Commercial Recycling, we have a great new program!
The results of the 2013 Recycling Container Survey are in! The City of Annapolis, Department of Public Works will be placing an order to purchase the 64 gallon wheeled carts for City Solid Waste Customers.
Download 2013 Recycling Container Survey Results
|Poll Question ||Results |
|Choice ||Percent* ||Choice ||Percent* ||Choice ||Percent* ||Total Votes |
|Do you recycle? ||Yes ||98.0% ||No ||2.0% || || ||298 |
|What size recycling containers do you currently use? ||18 gallon ||32.5% ||32 gallon ||29.60% ||Both ||37.90% ||280 |
|How many 18 gallon recycling containers do you place at the curb on a typical collection day? ||1 container ||48.2% ||2 containers ||39.60% ||3 or more containers ||12.20% ||222 |
|How many 32 gallon recycling containers do you place at the curb on a typical collection day? ||1 container ||72.6% ||2 containers ||21.40% ||3 or more containers ||6.00% ||201 |
|Would you like the City to offer a larger container with wheels and lid? ||No, stay w/existing ||7.3% ||Yes ||92.70% || || ||289 |
|If the City was to add a larger container with wheels and a lid, what size would you prefer? (see website for size details) ||96 gallon ||25.2% ||64 gallon ||38.70% ||48 gallon ||36.10% ||305 |
|If you have additonal comments about the survey, please email the Department of Public Works at firstname.lastname@example.org ||*Percentages are based on the total number of votes per question. |