Neighborhood Watch works when citizens take an active role in making their community safer.
Neighborhood Watch is crime prevention program that:
- Teaches citizens techniques to reduce the risk of being victimized at home and in public
- Trains citizens on the importance of recognizing suspicious activities and how to report them
- Teaches participants how to make their homes more secure and properly identify their property
- Allows neighbors to get to know each other and their routines so that any out of place activity can be reported and investigated
- Mostly, Neighborhood Watch ia a cohesive body of concerned citizens addressing issues that concern the entire community
Neighborhood Watch IS NOT a vigilante force working outside of law enforcement or a program designed for participants to take personal risks to prevent crime.
Meetings are designed to give members maximum exposure to the latest trends in personal and community safety through crime updates, multi-community networking and speakers on related topics. Meetings allow for an exchange of ideas on how APD can make communities safer and enhance the quality of life in Annapolis.