Mission Statement of the Annapolis Police Department
The Annapolis Police Department is dedicated to preventing and controlling crime and preserving the quality of life in Annapolis through firm, fair, and impartial law enforcement strategies.
How we accomplish our Mission:
We are committed to preserving democracy and freedom by recognizing the constitutional rights of all;
We are committed to nurturing the public trust by maintaining professionalism in every facet of our operations and demanding the highest levels of personal and professional integrity;
We value partnerships with diverse communities to ensure safety, security, and mutual trust. We are committed to open communication and cooperation with our residential and business communities in an effort to reduce crime and improve the quality of life for all.
We take a proactive approach while encouraging and motivating the community to do the same. We value an environment which focuses on solving problems through teamwork, participation, cooperation, and enthusiasm, fostered by decisive, professional leaders who support creativity and innovation.
Organizational Values of the Annapolis Police Department
- Maintain professionalism in every facet of our operations and maintaining only the highest levels of personal integrity;
- Preserve democracy and freedom by recognizing the constitutional rights of all;
- Develop and actively build a strong community partnership to help with the identification of and solutions to neighborhood problems;
- Establish a mutual trust within the community, through honest deeds and actions; and
- Motivate people to take a proactive approach to improving their quality of life.