The City of Annapolis is usually faced with moderate snowfall and may go several years with little measurable snow, only to be followed by a single heavy or extremely heavy snowfall. You and your families should take action to prepare now!
Preparedness is key, and making preparations can save lives and property anywhere - at home, in schools, and in the workplace.
The Office of Emergency Management would like to stress the importance of pre-planning. Be prepared, stay informed, make a plan, and make a kit.
A basic preparedness kit should contain necessary essentials like:
- Water (one gallon, per person, per day)
- Important documents
- A battery-powered/hand-crank radio
- A first aid kit
- A cell phone and necessary accessories,
- Items needed for the care of special needs individuals like infants, the elderly, or the disabled.
Residents may elect to receive updates from the Office of Emergency Management across several media platforms:
- Twitter @annapolisOEM
- Facebook www.facebook.com/annapolisOEM
- the radio (WNAV)
- Alerts from the CodeRed Notification System.
- 'Prepare Me Annapolis' Mobile App (iPhone & Android platforms)
The CodeRed Notification system is a communication service that allows the Office of Emergency Management to quickly notify citizens about emergency situations through phone, email, or text message alert. All citizens and businesses are encouraged to register.
Information relating to CodeRed service can be found on the Office of Emergency Management’s website.