Captain R Nathan Powell, IV at AFDTraining@annapolis.gov, Office: 410-263-1015
Address: 620 Taylor Avenue, Annapolis, MD 21403
Training Mission Statement
Training is one of the most important functions of the modern day fire department. It is the mission of the Annapolis Fire Department’s Training Division to provide the highest quality training, instruction and evaluation to our members. This is intended to prepare our department to serve our community in the most efficient, effective and transparent means possible, and ensure personal safety as we deliver this service.
This shall be accomplished by:
- Evaluating the training level of individual members and firefighting, rescue and EMS teams.
- Encouraging individual and company training.
- Plan and coordinate training with other organizations.
- Coordinate training activities to ensure compliance with relevant standards and legal requirements.
- Delivering the most meaningful and realistic training possible while ensuring personal safety.
- Maintaining complete and comprehensive training records.
The Annapolis Fire Department is currently managed by Captain R Nathan Powell, IV. The Training Division coordinates a team of certified instructors in the department that deliver state and nationally recognized programs.