Fire FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get trained in Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)?

The Annapolis Fire Department offers CPR training for the general public. Individuals, groups or businesses that are interested in CPR/AED training should email or call 410-263-7975.

How do I become a Paramedic with the Annapolis Fire Department?

Contact the Fire Department Recruiters at 443-336-0532 or 443-822-6870 or go to our Recruiting page.

How can I get a copy of my ambulance report?

Please call the Annapolis Fire Department Headquarters at 410-263-7975 between 7:00 am and 4:30 pm. Please have ready; the date of service and the location of the response. Once we have ensured that we were the department who responded to your call for assistance, you can come to Fire Department Headquarters at 1790 Forest Drive, Annapolis, Maryland 21401 to pick up a copy of your report. You will need to bring with you at that time identification that matches the name on the report. There is a $5.00 fee for the report.

What are the rates? Will I receive a bill?

If you are a City resident, you should not receive a bill.  You should receive a statement of services.  This will ask for your insurance information and a signature to bill your insurance company.  If you provided the Emergency Medical Services (EMS) providers with the insurance information at the time of the call, you should not receive this statement.

Who do I call with billing questions?

Intermedix 1-888-980-9296 . This is the customer service number for billing issues.

Does the City of Annapolis charge a fee for medical services?

Yes, there is a fee for treatment and transport.

Are small campfires, burn pits and bonfires allowed?

The only outdoor fires allowed are for personal recreational purposes or cooking food.

  • The area must be under constant supervision until the fire is extinguished
  • The location of the fire must not be within 15 feet of any structure including buildings, fences, or decks
  • The fire must be contained in a U.L. Listed appliance such as a chiminea or burn pit
  • The device must have a chimney or metal screen to contain embers
  • A method of extinguishing the fire must be available

If you would like to have a bonfire, you must apply for a permit at the Fire Marshal’s Office, 145 Gorman Street, 3rd Floor. This permit shall require a diagram of the bonfire area in addition to guidelines you must follow. Additional questions pertaining to this should be directed to the Annapolis Fire Marshal’s Office at 410-260-2202.

How can I check on the proper and safe installation of my grandchild's car safety seat?

The Annapolis Fire Department does not conduct car seat inspections, however, there are several agencies or businesses in our area that do offer this service. Please reference the following website for the list and please note that they all require an appointment be set up before you go there.

Where can I take my expired flares for proper and safe disposal?

Anne Arundel County accepts flares from City residents at their Hazardous Waste Drop Off Days. Please reference the following website for dates and a list of items accepted, however, they will not accept either aerial or parachute flares. The US Coast Guard suggests that these should be kept for back-up use to expand signaling time in the event of an emergency.