Street Closures Scheduled Saturday for ZOOMA Races
Annapolis, MD (5-28-14) Streets in Annapolis and into Anne Arundel County will be closed during the morning of Saturday, May 31 for the ZOOMA half marathon, 10K and kid fun run. The events begin at 7:00 a.m. and all streets in Downtown Annapolis will be open by 7:50 a.m.
Below is a list of times when roads will be closed or restricted around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, the Historic District, the Naval Academy Bridge and Ritchie Highway. A rolling closing and opening of streets in the City will begin at 7:00 a.m., with police directing traffic as first and last runners enter and exit the streets.
From 7:30 a.m., access downtown via the Rowe Blvd. exit off Route 50 with a slight detour around the Naval Academy Stadium to return to Rowe Blvd. The Naval Academy Bridge will be closed from 7:20 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Go to http://zoomarun.com/annapolis for race information.
STREET CLOSURES BY LOCATION AND TIME
NOTE: Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Boulevard by way of a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe intersections (Farragut Road/Rowe Boulevard and Herbert Sachs/Rowe Boulevard) to direct people.
Stadium Area (7-7:30 a.m.
- Taylor Ave. between Cedar Park Rd. & Rowe Blvd.- Closed to traffic
- Taylor Ave. & Cedar Park Rd. - Closed to traffic
- Cedar Park Rd. & Farragut Rd. - Closed to traffic
- Cedar Park Rd. between Taylor Ave. & Farragut Rd.- Closed to traffic
- Farragut Rd. & Rowe Blvd.- No cars allowed on Farragut
West Annapolis/Taylor Ave. Area (7:30-10:30 a.m
- Intersection of Rowe Blvd. at Taylor Ave. - Closed to traffic (detour around the Stadium at Farragut Rd. to re-enter Rowe via Herbert Sachs Blvd.)
- Taylor Ave. SOUTH of Rowe Blvd. – Open to traffic (detour around the Stadium at Farragut Rd. to go toward West St. or re-enter Rowe Blvd.)
- Taylor Ave. NORTH of Rowe Blvd. – Closed to traffic
- Rt. 450/Baltimore-Annapolis Blvd. – Closed to traffic
- King George St. between College Ave. and Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
Historic Area (7:10-7:50 a.m.)
- Rowe Blvd. between Taylor Ave. & Northwest St. - Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:10 and 7:35on a rolling basis
- Rowe Blvd & Taylor Ave.- Inbound lanes closed to traffic
- Northwest St.- Closed to traffic on a rolling basis
- Church Circle-North portion of Circle between Northwest St.& Main St.; closed to traffic on a rolling basis; southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
- Church Circle at College Ave.- Closed to traffic when runners are passing
- Main St.- Closed to traffic
- Main St. & Randall St. -Closed to traffic
- Randall St. & King George St. - Closed to traffic
- King George St. between Randall St. & Baltimore Blvd.- Closed to traffic
- College Ave. at King George St. – Closed to traffic entering King George Street
Naval Academy Bridge (7:20-10:30 a.m.) – Detour Rt.50
Ritchie Highway (7:25-10:20 a.m.)
- Route 450 Naval Academy Bridge – All lanes closed to traffic.
- Baltimore Blvd. at Bowyer Rd. – Closed to traffic
- Baltimore Blvd. at Sellers Rd. – Closed to traffic
- Baltimore Blvd. at Longshaw Rd. – Closed to traffic
- King George St. from College to Baltimore Blvd. – Closed to traffic
- Ritchie Highway between the Naval Academy Bridge & Severn Ridge Rd. Southbound lanes 7:25-10:20 a.m.; southbound traffic detours to Severn Ridge Way to Route 648 south
- Ritchie Highway between Severn Ridge Rd. & Boulters Way - Shoulder and left lane closed to traffic; right lane open to traffic until detour at Severn Ridge