APD Media Release 05/30/13
Road Closures for ZOOMA Races
Streets across the city and into Anne Arundel County will be closed during the morning of Saturday, June 1 for the ZOOMA half marathon and 10K races. The events begin at 7am.
Below is a list of times when roads will be closed or restricted around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, the Historic District, the Naval Academy Bridge and Ritchie Highway. The staggered street closures begin at 7am. Please note that the Naval Academy Bridge will be closed from 7:20 till approximately 10:20am. Traffic control for the race will be handled by Annapolis Police Department, Department of Defense Police, and Anne Arundel County Police Department. Motorists should expect traffic delays on the roadways utilized by the race and adjacent streets.
Visit Zooma website for race information.
Street closures by location and time:
NOTE: Traffic will be able to travel in and out of Rowe Blvd by way of a detour around the Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. Police will be stationed at the Rowe Blvd intersections (Farragut Rd/Rowe Blvd and Herbert Sachs Rd/Rowe Blvd) to direct people.
Stadium Area (7-7:30am)
- Taylor Av between Cedar Park Rd & Rowe Blvd - Closed to traffic
- Taylor Av & Cedar Park Rd - Closed to traffic
- Cedar Park Rd & Farragut Rd - Closed to traffic
- Cedar Park Rd between Taylor Av & Farragut Rd - Closed to traffic
- Farragut Rd & Rowe Blvd - No cars allowed on Farragut Rd
Historic Area (7:10-7:50am)
- Rowe Blvd between Taylor Av & Northwest St - Inbound (SE bound) lanes closed to traffic between 7:10 and 7:25am on a rolling basis
- Rowe Blvd & Taylor Ave - Inbound lanes closed to traffic
- Northwest St - Closed to traffic on a rolling basis
- Church Circle - North portion of Circle between Northwest St & Main St closed to traffic on a rolling basis; southern portion of Circle remains open to traffic
- Church Circle at College Av - Closed to traffic when runners are passing
- Main St - Closed to traffic
- Main St & Randall St - Closed to traffic
- Randall St & King George St - Closed to traffic
- King George St between Randall St & Baltimore Blvd (Route 435/Route 450) - Closed to traffic
- King George St & College Ave - Closed to traffic entering King George St
Naval Academy Bridge (7:20-10:20am)
- Baltimore Blvd (Route 435/Route 450) at King George St - Closed to traffic
- Baltimore Blvd (Route 450) at Bowyer Rd (Gate 8)/Perry Circle - Closed to traffic
- Baltimore Blvd (Route 450) at Sellers Rd/Badger Rd - Closed to traffic
- Route 450 Naval Academy Bridge - All lanes closed to traffic
Ritchie Highway (7:25-10:20am)
- Ritchie Hwy between the Naval Academy Bridge & Severn Ridge Rd - Southbound lanes closed to traffic 7:25-10:20 am; southbound traffic detours to Severn Ridge Way to Route 648 south
- Ritchie Hwy between Severn Ridge Rd & Boulters Way – Southbound shoulder and left lane closed to traffic; right lane open to traffic until detour at Severn Ridge Rd